cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Support

unhappyone

Technical Support

After "cursing under my breathe waiting to get through to this department, May I please say A BIG THANKYOU, and send a commendation for a guy named MAC, he has set me up online, after wks of bother, without making me feel stupid.
I can only say "hang in there guys" give them a chance.
Here,s hoping to lots of happy times ahead surfing with PLUSNET,
(One small moan, maybe pop a compliments slip in box with some relevant telephone numbers on, as when unable to get on line! dont have access to help, had to use a friends internet to find ) Just a suggestion
Regards S E
adie:orange Title in all caps altered as per link:rules]
14 REPLIES 14
Zap
Grafter

Re: Technical Support

I agree but I would make it a sticker for your router or PC screen (with Plusnet logo of course)!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Welcome to Plusnet Smiley
aybe pop a compliments slip in box with some relevant telephone numbers on

I have suggested this, however as we send the same routers out to Madasafish customers, it's not feasible to have Plusnet phone numbers in the box.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Chris, don't the routers come with a Plusnet branded Quick Start Guide which have Plusnet logo's web site etc... on them?  Do MAAF customers get the same one of these, or a similar one with their branding on?  Either way couldn't a number be either included on that sheet, or a separate sheet depending on the which brand?
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

AFAIK the MAAF customers get the same insert (Plusnet branded) which is why can't put phone numbers on there as they won't be suitable for all the customers.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Chris.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lurker
Grafter

Presumably the address labels are personalised for each customer (!) thus, its not a huge leap to include a little extra 'useful info' on the outside of the packaging is it?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry James - the label printer used is one of the delivery company ones, and all the addresses are submitted automatically to that. Unfortunately that's not really something we could do.
If it was though, how would the customer detach it from the box without damaging the information they want to keep?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Since the Quick Start Guide advertises MAAF and Plusnet are the same company (and presumably F9, FOL, Metronet if there is still anyway to get new hardware from their products now), couldn't it list phone numbers for each of the brands?  Something like:
If you ar  having difficulty getting online why not call us on:
Plusnet: 0845 140 0200
MAAF: 0844 395 0830

And the other VISP if necessary.
Phil

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've asked about this internally and it could be possible, will let you know as soon as I get an update - though it won't be immediate as we have a fair number of the existing inserts left.
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
Sorry James - the label printer used is one of the delivery company ones, and all the addresses are submitted automatically to that. Unfortunately that's not really something we could do.
If it was though, how would the customer detach it from the box without damaging the information they want to keep?

It would require a change in print stock at your outgoing warehouse to achieve a removable section on the front label - I was really thinking of an additional line with the support number for that vISP to be printed a couple of lines below the address so the recipient could note it down before discarding the packaging as the easiest solution.
An easier solution (although admittedly more costly) would be to simply print up a bunch of postcards with the details on.
That way you could include a welcome message, plus details of what is likely to be happening (i.e. don't expect your router just yet, we'll send it once BT confirm they can provide a service to you)
Any probs, please do give us a call on xxxxx xxxxxxxx

Cost of printing would be relatively low (less than you currently award as referral discounts in some cases) and postage via franked mail would be pretty economical too (compared to the goodwill it might engender with new customers)
Zap
Grafter

This thread is a classic picture of Change Management and Busines Process Improvement.
First you get the resistance, then the reasons why it can't be done, a possible acceptance and then some continual service improvement ideas.
To me it is a no brainer, stickers mean marketing, do one for the router, one for the keyboard and one for the screen.
Of course processes need to be changed and there may be a cost in printing but it is an opportunity, even my fridge repair man knows that.  Postcards are lost and put away in drawers, stickers get seen by visitors.
As for madasafish, isn't it time to bring this under the Plusnet name, brand is hardly worth anything anyway.
Lurker
Grafter

Personally I think Andrews & Arnold and BT have the right idea.
They are printed on a plastic credit card (including WiFi key etc) that you can keep near your computer.
Includes contact details, plus all your personalised info for your account.
But! PN can't do it easily because of the constraints imposed by their choice of 3PL.
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
I've done some investigation on this, and think we've come up with a decent middle ground. Smiley
We're going to publish the PN and MAAF support numbers in the hardware insert. Granted, it's slightly larger than credit card size but isn't too big to keep around.
This will take a few weeks to start going out to customers (as we have stock levels already packed for the next few weeks).
The other stuff is good to consider in the future, but isn't something that could be done quickly (or just on my say-so ;)).
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Mand
(or just on my say-so ;)).

They wouldn't dare Shocked
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine