cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk statethey own Plusnet

papagrey

TalkTalk statethey own Plusnet

received a letter from TalkTalk today stating "Since your internet service provider is now part of the talktalk group"  I would like to know are they? this is news to me. I once had their phone service but returned to BT about a year ago, never had their broadband. Plusnet state nothing on the web site about being sold to TalkTalk.  If this is false then TalkTalk are breaking the law by stating falsly they own Plusnet, to get me to change my provider to them.  Any one else got any news on this.  If true I will be changing to BT as I NEVER want to be part of TalkTalk.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: TalkTalk statethey own Plusnet

That's not the case, we aren't owned by TalkTalk.
Is there any chance you can scan a copy of the letter and attach it to a ticket on your account?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
papagrey

I have phoned TalkTalk, they state they do not own Plus.net so I have made a complaint on the ASA website and sent them a copy of the letter as this to me is illegal advertising.  I will send you a copy of theletter for you to see if it is illegal as well and take any action against them that your legal department sees fit.
sweafe
Grafter

did you used to be with tiscali?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@papagrey
Thanks for that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
brownb2
Grafter

Looks like typical talktalk behaviour given this old blog post info...
http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/06/14/the-case-of-the-missing-customers-2/
Benjamin
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Hmm, very interesting!... especially the last linky...  to the original poster..... the "inference" of the letter may be illegal, but as they haven`t actually named PlusNet as "your internet service provider" they can probably use that fact as a "get out".... saying "sorry, we made a mistake sending you the letter"... or similar....
(Like .... You owe £xx.xx on your telephone bill.... if you don`t pay it within 7 days, you will be cut off "... however, in the same letter you get..... "if you have already paid this bill, please ignore this letter".... double standards and double meanings... )
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Looks like typical talktalk behaviour given this old blog post info...

Yes it looks very much like it. It s not just PlusNet users that are getting letters , I'm active on the IDNetters froum and at least one of their customers has got a similar letter claiming that 'since they are part of the TalTalk group'.
Sounds like a typical TT mailshot , 'lets not bother to check who we are sending this to'....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.