cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to plusnet is a nightmare.

Bacardii
Dabbler

Switching to plusnet is a nightmare.

I decided to swap from O2 to plusnet, what a mistake I made.
I ordered my fibre broadband to be fitted on the 4.4.13 and booked a day off. Plusnet cancelled this appointment. They rebooked for the 10.4.13.
The engineer came today said he would be twenty minutes. An hour later he returned saying it was not being done, and he was going to kick it back.
I had a update later by email saying my order had been cancelled. Someone called me later and said it was due to a conflict on my line, however my mobile signal gave out. I called back and spoke to someone called Abdullah.
He said there was a conflicting order on my line, I asked how that could be as I had only dealt with plusnet. He said it was nothing to do with plusnet and I should be telling him about the other order. I repeated I had only dealt with plusnet, he was not bothered, just insisted it was my fault.
Now all I wanted was to swap my home phone and broadband to another provider, yet I have two days sat at home. Still I do not have broadband £150-£200 out of pocket by not working. Now plusnet have cancelled my orders
I have had some communication on think broadband website, and I was told told contact 02 as they have probably put a cease order on the line.
I did this  I was told plusnet have put multiple orders on my line. The first was on the 31st which plusnet cancelled, they then placed another order which the system won't allow. O2 cleared the orders but plusnet system would not allow me to reorder.
To be honest I rather fed up with plusnet, and I have not even got any service from them yet
21 REPLIES 21
Jack007

Re: Switching to plusnet is a nightmare.

Shame you're having such an issue with them. I prefer them greatly to BT/Virgin media, seem really friendly on the phone and I don't have to ask twice on what they said. Good Luck mate I hope you get the service soon.
Bacardii
Dabbler

Things seem to get worse.
I have spoke to O2 they have confirmed that they do not have a cease order on my line. They did confirm that plusnet have multiple orders on my line though. The first one plusnet cancelled, which stopped the system allowing further orders from them.
O2 cleared the orders, now plusnet claim the mac key has been used. I spoke to O2 who said the mac key was valid until the 24.4.13. I tried to sort out with plusnet who say there s no one available to help me.
Far different from the service O2 provide. I am leaving them and they are still bending over backwards to help sor out plusnets problems.
How plusnet got awards is beyond me
peterb99
Grafter

To be honest if I were you I'd stay with O2 then.  Was there a reason you're leaving them?
If you're happy with their CS and they really want to keep you maybe you could negotiate with them for a better deal.
Bacardii
Dabbler

I would but they have sold out to sky. They offered free broadband but a don't want to be with sky.
Thanks for your input
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Bacardii
they have sold out to sky

Well not yet. It needs regulatory approval which will take ages then implementing if approved.
I'd give it a year at least, what's the rush?  Crazy
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'd ring up tomorrow (Monday) when the office is fully manned and ask to speak to a Manager, unfortunately there are a few less experienced provisioning agents that can't seem to organise a .... up in a brewery. The way Openretch seem to behave in some situations is appalling, unfortunately they are responsible for the last mile (even with O2) and for the Fibre install & maintenance. Someone with more experienced clearly needs to get this resolved.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Bacardii,
Sorry to see that your install hasn't gone ahead yet. I've chased this up with our provisioning team and we were unable to place the order as the MAC key provided keeps getting rejected when we attempt to place the order.
There is only two ways we can progress this, we can place an order for a new line install that would not need a MAC key but this would incur a new line installation fee, or come the 24th  when the current MAC key has expired, you'd then be able to obtain a new MAC key from you current ISP and we could then use that one.
I know none of those may be ideal, but it's the only way to take this forward as it stands and I can't give the reason the MAC key is rejecting, this is normally when the MAC key is in an in-flight order with another provider although you state that is not the case here.
Please let me know how you'd like to progress and I'll make sure we get this actioned for you.
Chris
Bacardii
Dabbler

Hi
Thanks for the input.
I have spoke with OFCOM &  plusnet this morning. OFCOM have confirmed that plusnet can still use the MAC key, the lady from plusnet tested the mac key and said it was valid and was able to be used. The system would not allow the order because (i assume openreach) still have a open order on the system. This is why the mac is being rejected.
I can't even cancel because of this order and go with someone else. I want someone to sort it so i can ethier get my fibre order from plusnet or someone else. Being told to wait a month for the mac key to expire is just and excuse.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're chasing this up with BT Wholesale to get any open order closed off, we'll attempt to then place the order again and hope for a different outcome although there are no guarantees. We'll have some form of update later today for you.
Bacardii
Dabbler

Thank you for getting back to me
Anotherone
Champion

Just typical, BTw & Openretch fouling up again Roll_eyes
Bacardii
Dabbler

Sorry no it seems as though it was plusnet. They cancelled my order to move the install date, then reordered it. So they put multiple orders on my line.
jim:quote
Anotherone
Champion

Are you actually sure that Plusnet cancelled the first date (the 4th), or that was the date you asked for (because it was offered) which wasn't an available date that Openreach could meet and so it was booked for the 10th, and was that with or without your agreement?
This isn't an uncommon occurrence with Fibre installs.
Whilst I can see that you said that the order was subsequently cancelled, that doesn't explain why the order wasn't completed when the OpenReach engineer turned up.
Secondly, even when Plusnet subsequently cancelled the order "because of the so-called conflict" it sounds to me that this was given initially as an excuse by an inexperienced agent, as you say, trying to blame you. And in any event if Plusnet cancelled it, so as to be able to place a new order, they had cancelled it, so any order remaining on BT's systems is entirely the foul up of BTw and Openreach, not Plusnet.
Whilst Plusnet clearly aren't innocent in all this, the crux of the problem still seems to be within BTw and Openreach.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've attempted to place another order this morning which failed so this has been escalated within BT Wholesale, I'll be placing another order later this afternoon.
Apologies for the wait. I'll keep you updated.