cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Bt Infinity to Plusnet Fibre. Could do better

alsw123

Switching from Bt Infinity to Plusnet Fibre. Could do better

Firstly i want to say i am all sorted now, but your systems could be better. I'm an applicaitons engineer but i can imagine it would be much worse if you aren't technical
I ordered Fibre on the 26th of March. This order got stuck and looking at the topics on the forums here and at think broadbad it seems i am not the only one this happened too so clearly the system isn't quite right. Nothing had changed so I called up on the 2nd of April. I was told it had gotten stuck but then the order was progressed but still it wasn't due to switch until just after midnight on the 16th of April which is longer than generally quoted anyway.
This was disappointing as it means i have to pay BT for longer at a much higher price.
- Then this morning i wake up at 6am go to check the traffic online and suprise suprise no internet. I recieved no text or anything from Plusnet. First i reboot the openreach modem and my Bt Home Bub. No joy. So i switch everything off  franctically connect the Plusnet router to the openreach modem and try to connect. I leave it the suggested 15 minutes before doing anything.
- No joy, browser brings up the plusnet router page saying auth failiure, as i am  multi tasking and doing this while eating my breakfast. I have to head out the door late for work and leaving my partner who is working from home today with no internet.
- Got to work and Plusnet helpfully emailed me this morning  at 7,13am saying a BT Engineer will visit me today, soooo just the standard email that nobody has bothered to customize, good job i know the process won't require a visit.
- Call plusnet all has switched overnight  but i didn't recieve a text message to tell me it had.
- One more attempt at disconnecting everything and reconnecting works but well really the process is not as easy as it could be and has cost me more than it should have.
- I did however recieve a text at 9.23 roughly when the service started working saying my phone line woud be swithced in a couple of weeks.
So if anyone else is swittching my advice would be if you aren't sure at any point  to call plusnet to keep them pushing it through, if you don't nothing will happen and you will be left wondering if they proceeding with your switch, have already switch. Not painless, a real hassle to be honest but i will say your call centre staff are competent and helpful unlike my experience with BT.
Alan
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Switching from Bt Infinity to Plusnet Fibre. Could do better

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your feedback on your order, I'll ensure that your comments are fed back.
A lot of what you have mentioned is being addressed and covered in a project we're working on to improve how our Provisioning System works. the more feedback we can get the better, so thank you for your time with this.
Please let us know if there is anything further we can help with.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Switching from Bt Infinity to Plusnet Fibre. Could do better

Chris,
There seem to be an awful high number of "it got stuck somewhere" issues and "in the new system we'll see these things sooner".
What is going wrong at the moment to cause these issues, an understanding of which might enable users to recognise sooner that something is not running to plan?  I'm guessing that it is probably in the inter-organisation / inter-system hand offs...
PN system fails to correctly send order to supplier's system
Supplier's system fails to 'catch' correctly sent order from PN's system
Supplier's system fails to send proper response / update / confirmations
PN's systems fail to catch the same
PN's systems fail to correctly action / progress exception state responses
PN's systems don't identify / alert stale cases - I assume (yes I know that's bad) that there is some form of SLA on the supplier interface which could be used as a 'heart beat'?  If case has not been updated by supplier within SLA then alert for inspection of possibly missed update (heart beat)band initiate intervention action
If for no other reason, such a profile is essential to inform the new provisioning system of the current failure 'use cases' so that they can be automatically managed.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.