Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to plusnet today

GJenkins
Grafter

Switched to plusnet today

Hi there,
This afternoon I decided it was finally time to leave Talktalk! A quick browse over the net filled me with confidence as I once again discovered plusnet. The signup page wasn't too accomodating for me switching from tt's adsl to plusnet fibre. Whats this? Live chat support?! Grrr... another foreign call center I suppose! 'Hi this is [mremoved] '... huh? What not Harish or Patel?? wow...
Well from there I can only say my confidence in signing up to plusnet grew massively! [mremoved] knew exactly what she was talking about, knew the right page that I needed to sign up on and knew my requirements. Not only that, she could see exactly what I was filling out on the screen and was able to check that it was all correct before I placed my order.
I am really impressed with the support I have recieved so far and if everything with the transfer goes as  well as this I will certainly be recommending plusnet to my friends!
The only downside, and one that I am really miffed at, is the fact that I have to tidy up before the engineer arrives! Oh well, I have 10 days to get things sorted!
Keep up the good work and give [mremoved] a nice extra-long weekend and a box of chocolates. Without her I doubt I would have bothered going through with my order!
jim:csa
20 REPLIES 20
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Switched to plusnet today

Hi there,
Welcome to Plusnet and to the forums. I'll certainly make sure feedback is passed on about the person you dealt with on Live chat.
The signup page wasn't too accomodating for me switching from tt's adsl to plusnet fibre

With regards to that we're constantly looking to improve this kind of experience for our customers, is there anything about this process that you didn't like or anything you think we could do better?
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GJenkins
Grafter

Hi there,
I wanted to switch to Fibre but the switch page wouldnt give me the option to do so, nor the option to select my current provider.
The page I was given by your support allowed me to do so, but at the expense requiring an extra 5 days (making a total of 10) for the engineer visit.
I did spend a fair bit of time looking for the options before I went into chat. All in all very easy to use, but perhaps less knowledgable people may have problems or give up without visiting the chat Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the useful feedback there. I will be taking a look at how smooth our signup process is for customers like yourselves switching from an LLU provider to fibre with us...
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

GJenkins,
Welcome to Plusnet.  Smiley
Don't be surprised if your next call is answered by Harish or someone with the surname Patel. The PlusNet call centre in Sheffield is staffed by many ethnic Asian staff who provide us with excellent service.
GJenkins
Grafter

I don't mind that so much, as long as I can understand them clearly and they don't sound like a robot by reading off a script! And by the looks of things so far, it doesn't look like plusnet will let me down 😃
jim:quote
pcoventry
Grafter

As a former employee of Plusnet (3 years service) I can say without equivication that they are definately based in Sheffield, definately available 24/7 and definately as open and honest as you can get.
Even after leaving them I stayed with them and I am now on a business service. You really can not beat the guys and girls at this ISP as they work very very hard.
I miss working there. I will always believe in what they do.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi there, Pete Coventry.  I hope you have not moved over to Sky support centre few blocks away!!!  Grin
Regards,
Chandu.
pcoventry
Grafter

LOL no I no longer live in Sheffield nor work in the ISP industry. I've gone back to where I started. Mainstream Radio Presenting and production. Smiley
jim:quote
GJenkins
Grafter

Quote from: GJenkins
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]

I do believe that replying to this and including the quote clears up confusion and prevents others from mistaking that the comments are for them rather than the intended person for which they were for. If you arn't allowed to use quotes why have the ability to use them?
I'm all for moderation, but not when moderators feel the need to be trigger-happy. It makes one feel worthless and feel disheartened. And before you go about deleting this, this is genuine feedback and posted in the correct forum!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Welcome to the forum GJenkins.  This thread has certainly kept Oldjim busy  Wink Wink
GJenkins
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
No it isn't - the correct forum is http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,17.0.html ; Grin

"Your Feedback Was there something you liked? Something we didn't do so well? Tell us about it here." So I am Wink
In all seriousness, let the newbies make their mistakes or send them a private message instead - seeing glaring edits all over a post that I had just made feels humiliating - similar to being brought up to the front of the class at school and being told off! It feels discouraging, especially when the comments are in praise of staff or plusnet 😃
GJenkins
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
Welcome to the forum GJenkins.  This thread has certainly kept Oldjim busy  Wink Wink

LOL Thanks Artmo!
matt_2k34
Grafter

@GJenkins
Welcome! Smiley
Its good to see good constuctive criticism,

With note to Jims moderating, if you had clicked the forum rules link in any of his edits - it would of pointed you to the problem (with respect, the moderators are all customers - and are all voluntary, they dont have time to PM everyone reminders Wink )
Dont feel "told off" if you flick through many of the regulars, you'll see edits on their posts too (its easy to forget when your writing a lengthy post  Roll_eyes )
Might be worth taking a quick gloss over the rest of the rules while your looking at the above, they're clear and concise and it should help you avoid that feeling Smiley
Regards

edit: gramatical error