cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from BT, just one small problem...

nickn

Switch from BT, just one small problem...

Just made the switch from BT as they were charging me 49.99 a month and the best they could do was 39.99 on a contract - for some reason they had me on Infinity Super Fast even though my line cannot perform that speed, and refused to downgrade the plan type to standard Fibre. So here I am, paying only 21.50 (I think) a month on contract. Very pleased.

BUT - please feed this back to whoever it concerns. I had my alerts to say this morning that my phone line was active, and shortly after that my broadband was active, however I had received no router. I then, just now, received a text to say that the router is 'now in the post'.

Sorry to say but that is rather poor planning - luckily I already had a BT Home Hub 6, and had checked while I had still internet access to see how to reconfigure it, which I had to do this morning. Without that I'd be snookered, and these days people heavily rely on internet access 24/7 for all sorts including work-related activities.

Anyway I am re-connected through the HH6 router for now, might even just keep using that one as it works, but whoever sends routers out needs to act a bit quicker, in my opinion.

Just to add though, connection and speeds seem great, so no complaints there.

4 REPLIES 4
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Switch from BT, just one small problem...

Hi @nickn

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention. I'm really sorry to hear that your router was delayed and can assure you that this is not normal process. This was most likely a system snag that prevented the automated process of router dispatch from happening.

I'm pleased to hear that you have a BT hub handy and commend you for taking the time and the initiative to configure it and get online.

As your router is dispatched via 1st class post I'd expect it to be with you by the end of the week - if there's anything else that you need, please drop me a line.

Best wishes,

Dave

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@nickn

Welcome to the forums.

You are probably better off using the HH6 as the Plusnet Hub One is a rebadged BT HomeHub 5 Type A. So they may have done you a favour inadvertently Wink

It is worthwhile having the Plusnet supplied device as a spare in case of an issue with your service. Then you can at least swap out your own device to see if the issue fixes itself or remains.

edit to add comment about reason to have the suppliers own router available

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@nickn

Many of us wanting a better performing router have ditched Plusnet devices and bought a Smarthub 6.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

nickn

Thanks for the replies - and as I've found the Home Hub 6 to work much better and reliably than my previous Home Hub 5 did, and if the Plusnet router is based on a 5, then yes, I'll keep using the 6 and just retain the other as a backup.

Think I've even got an old Netgear one lurking in a drawer somewhere...

Amazing to think where the 15 years since I first switched to DSL and Pipex, then BT, then Freedom2Surf, then back to BT and now Plusnet, have gone.