Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Survey

A month after migrating away from Plusnet I receive a  "survey" asking for feedback about my reason(s) why I did that.

That's acceptable, no doubt a lot of organisations find this information useful  in an attempt to try and improve their poor customer service.

However, what is not acceptable were all the questions towards the end which could only be an information gathering excercise by some marketing/survey company to sell on. Questions had to be answered to continue to the end. Irrelevant questions like those should have the option of prefer not to answer or skip, eg. age, sex, mobile phone information, t.v. viewing, internet usage, how many people in household etc.. I told a lot of porkies so my answers are totally useless.

What is further unacceptable, in spite of my now closed account preferences, was receiving this survey via e-mail. Non of the communication options, including e-mail (other than for account/service related) were selected in the account. Even more unacceptable is the fact that Plusnet have obviously passed on/sold my details to some dubious outfit in order for them to gain personal information in Plusnet's name.

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Survey

That's precisely why I never respond anymore to surveys. If I start I invariably end up crashing out as soon as it gets to stuff that's totally unrelated to the survey topic.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

One of the problems in these days of political correctness surveys need to prove that they are demographically neutral / representative ... the only way they can prove that is by asking ... demographic questions in addition to the substance of the survey. I agree though there should be a “I care to not answer” answer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Townman

@Townman wrote:    ......................      I agree though there should be a “I care to not answer” answer.

You have that option as soon as you receive the survey request..  (delete it and forget it )..

. you only commit to answering the questions, as soon as you click "open survey" or whatever.it is to start someone prying into your personal reasons.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

The final paragraph, a reference to which is conveniently being avoided, is my main concern.

"What is further unacceptable, in spite of my now closed account preferences, was receiving this survey via e-mail. Non of the communication options, including e-mail (other than for account/service related) were selected in the account. Even more unacceptable is the fact that Plusnet have obviously passed on/sold my details to some dubious outfit in order for them to gain personal information in Plusnet's name."

Can anyone from Plusnet care to come up with an acceptable reason? The "survey" was in no way account or service related.

How many other dodgy organisations have Plusnet passed on/sold my details to?

"You have that option as soon as you receive the survey request..  (delete it and forget it ).."

Which is stating the obvious somewhat and the sort of response to be expeted from one of the Plusnet glee club.Grin

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

It's now 3 weeks since I migrated from Plusnet, will be interesting to see if I receive anything similar.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I can understand service related questions, such as:

e.g. "What do you use the internet for?"

"How many people in your household?"

That is relevant because if there are multiple people in your house your usage will be different and higher.

Any personal questions about myself I would avoid.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all, 

Thanks for the feedback on this. I'll make sure that gets passed on. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team