cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Email "Tell us what you think"

Mutley
Dabbler

Survey Email "Tell us what you think"

What is the thinking behind the email,  as my broadband and phone provider i expect you to do just that provide my phone and broadband.  Of which you actually don't do that very well so my first bit of feedback is provide a good service (and a quick scan through this forum will show you dont) and work on keeping your current customers happy before flogging a new service. 
I don't particularly care much for surveys that start "tell us what you think",  then pry into my personal life in regards to how many adults, the age range of my children, how much i earn, the nature of my business etc - quite frankly i don't see how that is any of your business,  and given the type of questions your asking,  i'e the details of my children, when where i work, and how many adults work or in the house,  i would of thought in this day and age given how sensitive this info can be especially in the wrong hands that your questions are at best inappropriate,
So,  if you want to find out what customers think : Ring them !!!,  talk to them,  apparently this is the Yorkshire way - you'd know that if you were bothered.
22 REPLIES 22
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Survey Email "Tell us what you think"

Agreed with every thing you said. Absolutely shocking survey.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

What is this email of which you speak?
I have had no such missive.
Mutley
Dabbler

Talking of Service,  1:39am, Ping of 67 and my download on my 40mb+ fibre is averaging 1.42mb after a router reset and a zero traffic check. 
Yes, i know, wrong thread but i'm highlighting my point exactly - Concentrate on getting this service stable first !!!!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Mutley

I don't particularly care much for surveys that start "tell us what you think",  then pry into my personal life in regards to how many adults, the age range of my children, how much i earn, the nature of my business etc - quite frankly i don't see how that is any of your business,  and given the type of questions your asking,  i'e the details of my children, when where i work, and how many adults work or in the house,  i would of thought in this day and age given how sensitive this info can be especially in the wrong hands that your questions are at best inappropriate,

Usually done to profile responders, prior to selling on the Data to Marketers.
Especially as the "Survey" is done by an outside company !!
The Data collected is outside PN's control, though PN should control any such questions, and be aware of why these questions are asked.
I did respond very early on, and the day later, spam and cold calling started !!
My phone number was changed, and I do not reply to any "Satisfaction" surveys by any company.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this from Plusnet support recently -
Dear 'purleigh',
[This feedback request email has been sent from an automated system as a result of a recent contact with the Plusnet Customer Support Centre. Please accept our apologies if you have received the email in error.]
At Plusnet, we very much value the opinions of our customers and would love to hear about your recent experience with our Customer Support Centre.
The survey can be found via the link below, and should take no more than a few minutes to complete. 
https://www.surveymonkey.com/.....
In anticipation, I would like to thank you for taking the time in helping us to build a world class Customer Support Centre.
Regards,
Paul Summers (Director of Customer Experience)

The first thing that annoyed me was that the email arrived about ten minutes before the support ticket notification it related to, telling me that support have supposedly solved my problem.
The second annoyance was how the wording suggests that they want to hear how well they have done, which you can imagine didn't go down too well seeing as my support ticket had been ongoing for at least FIVE MONTHS, and I had already abandoned any hope of using the broken product feature.
Thirdly, on reading the support ticket notification, it was apparent that my problem hadn't actually been solved as the support staff had fixed a related technicality, but they had not gone back to read my original question to see whether that had been answered.  I had to update the ticket, pointing out that they still hadn't answered the question that I raised, which then took further weeks to resolve.

So as you can imagine, receiving this 'satisfaction' survey did more harm than good.
I did get to express what I thought, but of course I'm sure my negativity towards it was simply ignored !
Angry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We ask questions about you to make sure we are talking to a cross-section of the population, and for profiling purposes – e.g. grouping all females together to see their responses to questions, or looking at how 18-24s respond.  Please be assured that any answers you give are completely anonymous and cannot be linked back to you as an individual.
The survey is voluntary so if you do not feel comfortable in completing this then there is no requirements to do so. You can also unsubscribe from these via these if you wish via the link provided in the email.
@purleigh
We take onboard all positives and negatives comments that are made so we can see where we're doing well and also where we need to improve.
James
Grafter

I did get to express what I thought, but of course I'm sure my negativity towards it was simply ignored !

I manage all of our customer satisfaction bits and bobs that are generated through Workplace (The Survey Monkey surveys).  Whilst I don't read every single comment, I do tend to look at each of the "extremely dissatisfied" ones.
I can have a chat about how the email itself is worded.
Razer
Grafter

And I bet that more often than not, despite 'anonymity', you know who wrote them. It doesn't take a genius to figure such things out.
Generally with surveys I will not take part. I never like to assist in data farming, etc. I have been known, however, to fill these things in if I'm caught in the wrong moment, just to really vent my spleen. I did one recently for a company asking what features I'd like to see in their piece of junk software. From my point of view the best feature would be 'non-existence', so I'm sure my response went in the bin. Still, it gave me a few moments of pleasure to bitch about it.
James
Grafter

I have no idea who filled them in unless they voluntarily give me their username.
Razer
Grafter

Matching a general way of writing and word usage/phraseology, spelling/misspelling, punctuation usage/misusage with comments posted on forum and/or in tickets to comments posted in the survey. Easy. Tongue OK, I'll admit, there might be very little to go on, leaving one clueless, but it can be done.
James
Grafter

I'll try that one next time.
Razer
Grafter

Then you can send the heavies round.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Trying to pick someone out of all the responses might require quite a bit of time though!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: chrispurvey
Please be assured that any answers you give are completely anonymous and cannot be linked back to you as an individual.

I'm probably being mind-numbingly stupid, but...
...If the answers given are truly anonymous, how do you know where to send the gift vouchers to the lucky few?
Cheers,
Tony