cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support services? WHAT support services!

jjlothin
Grafter

Support services? WHAT support services!

Now there was I thinking, a month or so ago, that I had a decent reliable ISP.
Since then, I've had a slow and erratic broadband connection and the help I've received from PlusNet on this has been pathetic. I've raised 4 or 5 questions now, but rarely get an answer from a human being - nor do I receive notifications when any kind of answer has been posted.
And no, I don't have "in excess of fifteen minutes" to hang on the end of a phone line waiting for someone to pick up.
ANSWER MY QUESTIONS, PLUSNET - PLEASE!
Or else IDNet will soon be getting a new customer ...
10 REPLIES 10
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Support services? WHAT support services!

If you click the 'notify of replies' link at the top or bottom of the thread listing the forum software will send an email to the address you registered when a reply is posted.
You can also turn notifications on automatically for threads you've posted in by selecting the option in your 'Profile' (top border of window) under 'Notifications and Email' in the left-hand column (don't forget to click 'save settings').
David
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: jjlothin

What's the question to the (obvious) answer?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've responded to your tickets, and placed the interleaving order for you manually.
I'd like to apologise for the problems you've had recently, and will be happy to help you where I can.
jjlothin
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
If you click the 'notify of replies' link at the top or bottom of the thread listing the forum software will send an email to the address you registered when a reply is posted.
You can also turn notifications on automatically for threads you've posted in by selecting the option in your 'Profile' (top border of window) under 'Notifications and Email' in the left-hand column (don't forget to click 'save settings').

I AM signed on for notifications - at least I thought I was ... Trouble is, sometimes I get a notification, other times I don't ...
jjlothin
Grafter

Quote from: Taxisofevil

I'm afraid I'm too weary of listing them on my Questions to Support to list them again here!
jjlothin
Grafter

Quote from: Taxisofevil

I'm afraid I'm too weary of listing them on my Questions to Support to list them again here! Though I WILL say that I had to open another browser to post this answer because - yet again - sigh! - my Firefox froze.
jjlothin
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
I've responded to your tickets, and placed the interleaving order for you manually.
I'd like to apologise for the problems you've had recently, and will be happy to help you where I can.

Thanks for your intervention, Mand.
Although since I also thanked you through the Support system, I've seen another thread here where someone else was plagued by your automatic interleaving responses - and he/she didn't think that interleaving was the correct way to address his problem either.
If you/PlusNet thinks there may be a problem with my modem or my hardware or something, PLEASE TELL ME, rather than just whirling endlessly through a series of automated responses.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi jjlothin,
Could I suggest that you start a thread on the Broadband Speed board, give a bit of detail about your problem. There will be plenty of people who will try and help and request the necessary information to give you an idea what, if anything needs doing, or indeed help you solve the problem.
Mand
Grafter

Interleaving is applied as standard to intermittent faults when they're raised to BT Wholesale, so our automated systems apply it before we raise a fault (as it speeds things up and rules out an obvious step).
jjlothin
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Hi jjlothin,
Could I suggest that you start a thread on the Broadband Speed board, give a bit of detail about your problem. There will be plenty of people who will try and help and request the necessary information to give you an idea what, if anything needs doing, or indeed help you solve the problem.

Thank you very much indeed for suggesting this! Someone did indeed come up with a solution (turn off an AVG 9 setting) and all my browsing problems seem to be over!  Grin