cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support page minor update needed

Estragon
Rising Star

Support page minor update needed

Re banding, just above Section 6 the ADSLx page says "The table below shows the bands used on ADSL2+ products. Details of the bands used on FTTC products has not yet been published by BT Wholesale".
This page purports to show the FTTC bands.
4 REPLIES 4
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Support page minor update needed

IIRC Chris Purvey posted that a long time ago, and the relevant page was (I thought) supposed to have been updated in due course following that. But then as there are a number of "issues" with "support" type pages that PN have not dealt with, I can't say I'm surprised it hasn't been done.
Edit: Ah ha, just over a year ago I see it was posted.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The bands on the page you refer to isn't actually all of them.
I'll try and get my hands on the full lot and I'll raise it as an issue and see if we can get this information on the page updated.
Estragon
Rising Star

Thanks Chris  :).
Banding appears to becoming an issue on both FTTC and ADSLx. Before FTTC I think it did exist on WBC but was never used so far as I know, but now I'm seeing it on both quite frequently, so it would be good to have a page to refer to and to point people to.
Particularly if it's someone experiencing it and having trouble getting information from another ISP - showing that Plusnet is more open is a recommendation point.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Banding on ADSL2(+) did appear quite frequently before FTTC and frequently caused a bit of confusion for us trying to diagnose the problems.
Anyway,  thanks Chris that would undoubtedly be very helpful.