cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support has gone down the pan...

acornel1
Hooked

Support has gone down the pan...

I took out a contract with Plusnet because of their excellent support. On the very few occasions I've had to contact them they have been spot on.

However....

It seems the great British summer has taken its toll on the BT pole opposite my house so I figured (having got nowhere fast with BT) I'd try and raise a case with Plusnet.

pole.jpg

15 minutes of browsing the support portal and I realise that the online ticket system has been removed and replaced with an online chat. I'm not a great fan of these so I decided to call up... 15 minute plus wait.. sigh

Decided to try the online support, figured it cant be that bad...

Info at 21:40, Jun 20:
Thank you for choosing to chat with us.

Chat sessions may be recorded for training and business improvement purposes. For full details on how we use your personal information see our Privacy Policy .

An agent will be with you shortly.
Info at 21:42, Jun 20:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 8. Thank you for your patience.
Info at 21:44, Jun 20:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 7. Thank you for your patience.
Info at 21:46, Jun 20:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 7. Thank you for your patience.
Info at 21:48, Jun 20:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 6. Thank you for your patience.
Info at 21:50, Jun 20:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 5. Thank you for your patience.
Info at 21:52, Jun 20:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 4. Thank you for your patience.
Info at 21:54, Jun 20:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 4. Thank you for your patience.
Info at 21:56, Jun 20:
Info at 21:58, Jun 20:
Info at 22:00, Jun 20:
Info at 22:02, Jun 20:
Info at 22:04, Jun 20:
Info at 22:06, Jun 20:
Info at 22:08, Jun 20:
There are currently no agents available to chat. Please try again soon.

What a great customer experience. Well done Plusnet - your only real selling point (good support) gone.

Very disappointing.

14 REPLIES 14
zishan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Support has gone down the pan...

Hate to moan, but when I joined PN back 3 to 4 years ago the Customer support were awesome, recently They are below par, It could simply be that a turn around of staff or I think its a training issue, You get told so many different things by CSC that you do not know who to believe, but I have found the Community Forum to Excellent, maybe someone will pick this up and help you. Good luck 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there @acornel1 sorry to hear that you couldn't get through to us today. What is the issue with your pole in the street? (From the picture, the tree behind it looks a bit over grown but it doesn't appear to be touching the line?)

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
acornel1
Hooked

I'm pretty sure the junction box at the top of the pole should have a cover on it and not be open to the elements. You can see where all the cables are jumpered to the overhead lines.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll take a look at your account tomorrow afternoon when I'm in the office.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
acornel1
Hooked

Thanks. I assume that given my phone is with Plusnet you'll forward fault calls to BT/Openreach on my behalf?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

If your phone is with us, yep we would raise a fault to openreach on your behalf.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi @acornel1. Welcome. I assume from your posts that you've been with Plusnet for a while but only just registered on the Forum?

Your long wait for the 'Chat' and then to have no agent because it went past closing time is not funny. I have experienced similar in the past with other chat services, but also experienced it with phone-in Customer non-Services Roll_eyes

Whilst Anoush may be able to get a fault raised to Openreach about your pole connector box if your line rental is with Plusnet, that could prove troublesome unless you are experiencing some sort of issue with your line - eg Intermittent Noise Wink and/or drops in your Broadband connection.
You said you got nowhere with BT, was this BT Retail? if so I'm not surprised if the Line Rental is not with them, or you don't actually have a fault on your line.

You can report damage etc to Openreach equipment directly to them. See this page. You'll need the DP number of that pole, usually clearly marked on the pole.

acornel1
Hooked

Thanks

Yes, I've been a Plusnet member for some years but only opened an account on the forum (to moan, sorry!) yesterday.

I've now spoken with Openreach and hopefully they are sending an engineer. Unlike BT Retail, they didn't seem to care that I wasn't a direct customer.

I'll follow this up with Plusnet support if I don't get anywhere with Openreach. My broadband is up and down, as is the neighbours so I suspect this isn't helping. 

Thanks all for your prompt help.

Plusnet - bring back the ticketing system. I could have raised a ticket for this last night and left it with you. Instead, you've disappointed me with your service. I'll no longer be referring people.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm happy that you've managed to arrange an engineer directly with Openreach yourself. Please let me know if you don't get a resolution, and we'll raise a damage report to them ourselves.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just as an FYI for future reference, you can report damage or phone issues here: https://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
acornel1
Hooked

Openreach attended site within the hour of receiving my call. The junction box was replaced and lines all testing shortly afterwards. Great service from Openreach.

Cheers for the link for reporting phone faults. No idea why I couldn't find that last night

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

No problem, that's a fast turnaround!

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesomeness, I'm happy they've resolved the fault Smiley

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

BT pole & line damages can be reported to OPENREACH directly & its not an Indian call centre; sounded like Irish Republic last time I called; like you they came out next day.

---------------------------------------------

We also want to know immediately if you think that any part of our network (outside the boundary of your property) has the potential to be a danger to the general public, if you notice that it has been damaged, or to report unsafe Openreach worksites. We'd like you to call us on the Damage Reporting Number,  0800 023 2023  (Option 1), if you spot any of the following so we can attend to it quickly:

• Damaged underground cables (typically caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas)
  • Loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
  • Damaged green cabinets and/or open doors on them
  • Damaged telephone poles (e.g. poles leaning at awkward angles, or poles that have been completely smashed to the ground)
  • Loose, cracked or missing manhole covers

The following options are also available on the 0800 023 2023 number:

• Reporting External Damage (Option 1)
  • Reporting graffiti on our external network (i.e. cabinets), 0800 023 2023 (Option 1)