Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support communications - confusing generic message

kyber
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Support communications - confusing generic message

I find that when I have raised a ticket for a problem and entered a dialogue, I often see the below text included in responses:
,,, but please ensure any information regarding what you are experiencing is added to the actual fault ticket and not added to the ticket that is created for this message.

Typically, I am viewing the message online via the Your Questions view, which lets me click on the 'Question ID' or View link under 'Options' column. I find the differentiation between the actual fault ticket and the ticket for the message to be obscure and possibly something only recognised internally. What the hell does this mean? If I click the button shown at the bottom of the message trail marked "i need to add more detail" is that information being added to the original fault ticket or the message responding ticket.
I also note that there does not appear to be an option for the customer to close a ticket. Annoyingly, the system says you are awaiting a customer response, and I feel the urge to do something, but I can only add a message to say, "you can close this now" but you seem to want to discourage additional information being added (presumably it causes an escalation / extra work).
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Support communications - confusing generic message

Basically and confusedly the customer can only close a ticket which he opened.
So for example if a customer opens a fault ticket and a staff member opens another internal ticket on the account to document something associated with the fault investigation then the customer should continue to update via the fault ticket he raised and not the internal one.
Why it has been don't this way in your case I have no idea but it has happened to me in the past but I can't remember the reason for it.
I suppose one way is for internal tickets to be invisible to the customer but I can see the disadvantage of that also.
peterbarker
Grafter

Currently I have 3 open questions.  All have been dealt with to my satisfaction, but I have no idea how to close them.  I want to ask another question, but can't until I close one of the open questions.  Would appreciate knowing where the close button is?
Thanks
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you go to here you will see something like this and where I have circled there should be a close option - if there isn't it means that staff opened them and you can't close it - note that this ticket on my account was opened by staff so I can't close it
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you haven't got the "option" to close it, reply to the ticket asking for any agent to close it. I had to do that with one of my tickets once.