cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Gone Down The Pan Again!?

rnewfie
Grafter

Support Gone Down The Pan Again!?

I opened ticket 125197856 six days ago and was promised a response by email within 2 days. Still haven't received anything. This was after my asking when I would get a response and how, and had to ask for a ticket number. Why does the fee paying customer have to chase Customer Services to get updates? Back to the bad old days, I presume. If I ring customer Services for an update, then I am told 'We are busy right now, please wait or try later'. Plusnet takes your money pretty quickly, but if anything goes wrong, then you are on your own. I suppose that's what you expect from a subsidiary of BT - non-existant customer service.

24 REPLIES 24
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Support Gone Down The Pan Again!?

It's been a subsidiary of BT for a very long time and Customer Service was good until the last 18months or so, when they started coming out with all these free broadband offers and rapidly increasing the customer base. They obviously learnt nothing from TalkTalk's experience many moons ago Roll_eyes

79Artyblue1
Dabbler

I agree most times I use the forums for help but I hardly get a reply they should live up to there advert

vaarunmalik
Dabbler

Poor customer service is a regular feature here.

Most ISP have the same deal and at the end of the day ADSL connections are all similar. But unfortunately when something goes wrong we are left without help. I am myself stuck with a useless connection since I have joined plusnet and keep waiting endlessly for a resolution.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I have been with PlusNet for quite a number of years, and not had to bother "customer services" much in that time,

Recently, though, I have needed to contact them to get my SNR reset, to improve the speed, or to improve the stability of the line, after some disconnection ( probably talk talk engineers messing with the cabinet and pinching a "quiet pair" to connect one of their customers.... ).

As I am "almost" deaf, ( I need to ask my wife to repeat things to know what she has said in conversations)... I dislike using the telephone, and find the "Live Chat" is the best option for me.

The staff at the other end, seem to be quick to understand the problems, and quick to do something about it... and, of course, I have the "print out" of the conversation, should I need to refer back to it, if something is still not quite right.

A bonus with "Live Chat" is that you don`t have to sit with a phone glued to your ear, and listen to terrible quality MUZAK , or extremely annoying messages telling you ( who haven`t got a connection, and that is why you are on the phone) to go to the website  !!  .. as an alternative to being on the phone waiting.

WIth Live Chat... you do get a notification of how many customers are in front of you in the queue, and it does diminish, sometimes it is non existant and you get an answer from a staff member immediately... You don`t get "queue" information on the phone,..... despite a lengthy campaign by me some years back.....

so for all those who are moaning about customer service.... give "Live Chat" a try..   It works well for me, and I should think it will work well for you too..

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Glad you found it useful shutter. They are limited in what they can deal with, that's the primary disadvantage.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

They should be able to deal with 90% of the queries that the phone agents can. The main exception I can think of being taking payments.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
vaarunmalik
Dabbler

Very conveniently the email copy of chat option has disappeared in the last 48hrs. !!

rnewfie
Grafter

Still waiting for a response from so-called customer support after 8 days.

Will keep bumping this up the list until someone from support notices.

Waste of time ringing.

I will give it to next week, then I will ring retentions to cancel my account - I have Virgin Media installed anyway!

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@Chris wrote:

They should be able to deal with 90% of the queries that the phone agents can. The main exception I can think of being taking payments.

Also - I am thinking of or am going to leave what are you going to offer

Chris
Legend

@vaarunmalik wrote:

Very conveniently the email copy of chat option has disappeared in the last 48hrs. !!

That's odd, the chat should still allow that. I've flagged up the option not appearing for you internally, sorry about that.

Still waiting for a response from so-called customer support after 8 days.

Will keep bumping this up the list until someone from support notices.

Waste of time ringing.

Sorry for the lack of response. The main issue is the the query relates to a different account to the one it's raised on. Can you check the size of the mailbox. I'm just setting up some filters to test the issue you're seeing.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I have tried the live chat on & off for a few days,but it keeps saying no-one available,waste of time.

I'm sorry, none of our Plusnet Chat teams are available right now. We're available Monday to Sunday, 07:30-22:00.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
Chris
Legend

OK, I've replicated the issue on a test account. Created the ticket on your correct account and sent this through for investigation.

Chris
Legend

@jockwav wrote:

I have tried the live chat on & off for a few days,but it keeps saying no-one available,waste of time.

I'm sorry, none of our Plusnet Chat teams are available right now. We're available Monday to Sunday, 07:30-22:00.

Do you have an ad-blocker, anonymiser or similar plugin on your browser?

jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Not that i know of.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/