cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Call Centre wait times

ianoffwell
Dabbler

Support Call Centre wait times

It's a simple question which requires a simple answer. Poll open for two weeks and results viewable after you vote.
adie:green made the vote results visible to everyone regardless of vote.
15 REPLIES 15
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Support Call Centre wait times

Definitely  - yes.  Sad
I was helping a friend to report a fault, but because PN were insisting it was a 'copper line fault' (and should therefore be reported to BT Retail - who insisted the line was OK), it took three calls to get the fault accepted.
Average waiting time was 20 minutes. Not good, but there are several reports on the forums of far worse.
It's been a regularly recurring problem for several years now. There are periods when it improves, but it never seems to last very long. There have been countless threads about it, and we're reassured that people are being recruited, trained etc - things will get better soon....
We can only hope that the imminent opening of the new Leeds call centre will improve the situation on a more permanent basis.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
gofaster
Rising Star

imminent opening of the new Leeds call centre

I think it has been open for a few weeks now. Hopefully they are still recruiting/training and the call/ticket times will come down to acceptable levels
picbits
Rising Star

Would it not be beneficial to put an extra option "Not had to call them" ?
I last called PN around 11 months ago.
deekay
Grafter

I agree with DomS.
I haven't phoned them for about 5 years! (owing to hearing problems, it wouldn't be any use my trying to phone them now!)
In my opinion, the poll needs the extra option to be a balanced one.
Keith

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Not clear what purpose will be served by THIS poll that is not already being addressed in the thread  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122115.0.html?
The problem has been acknowledged and is being addressed by Plusnet - The effectiveness of the new call centre in solving the problem is now being monitored.
It will still take a little while to become stabilised and reduce the Ticket backlog though
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

picbits
Rising Star

I think he's venting off a bit of steam after his recent problems with Plusnet.
In reality, the majority of PN customers seem to be pretty happy but as is always the case for forums, people tend to come on with their problems so things appear to be a lot worse than they actually are.
Having said that, I'm just glad I've had no issues recently.
KK
Grafter

I think it is essential to maintain pressure on the players in the privatised utilities market.  In many ways, they continue to behave in exactly the same way as the nationalised industries which they replaced.  The response that "The problem has been acknowledged and is being addressed by Plusnet - The effectiveness of the new call centre in solving the problem is now being monitored.  It will still take a little while to become stabilised and reduce the Ticket backlog though", is a bit like saying "Please stop whinging - we will provide the level of customer service which suits our purposes at any given time, get over it"
The suggested additional question could indeed be a meaningful addition to the poll, but would probably receive very few responses because customers who haven't had to call Plusnet recently are much less likely to read the question in the first place.
Another useful question might be 'has the poor level of Plusnet's customer service caused you to take your business elsewhere?'  In my case the answer would be a resounding 'yes'!
When I first starting using Ebay, I thought that the obsession with the need for 'Positive Feedback' was a bit over-the-top, but hey - on Ebay, I have never received anything but immediate responses, first-class service and transparently competitive pricing.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: DomS
I last called PN around 11 months ago.

In that case (with the poll as it stands) you vote no.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ianoffwell
Dabbler

For those of you who haven't had to call, why on earth would you enter a poll that is ALL ABOUT CALLING. Are you MAD or simply stupid?
crobertbailey
Grafter

Waiting time today 30 mins gave up @33 mins
Andyukuk
Dabbler

Called early this morning ,7am'ish  call time 15 minutes and was answered well within the time........ Tec operater I spoke to very helpful and well satisfied with service I received... Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: ianoffwell
For those of you who haven't had to call, why on earth would you enter a poll that is ALL ABOUT CALLING. Are you MAD or simply stupid?

No, it's the only way to see how the voting is going because you hid the current results until we've voted!
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: ianoffwell

This could have been written a bit more politely! Sad
Something along the lines of - please don't vote if you haven't contacted CS during the past week. Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: DomS

Roll_eyes