cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Slow Broadband

chattanavenue22

Super Slow Broadband

Hi Plusnet, I've been using your broadband since the end of October and frankly the line speed has been poor at best. The fastest upload speed I have recorded so far using mybroadbandspeed.co.uk has been 0.6mb. We usually sit around 0.2mb which is pretty much unusable for browsing and neither me or my housemate have been able to stream anything since switching to Plusnet. I have called Plusnet a couple of times regarding the problem and they just refer me back to the online list of possible faults. Having tried all of these to find no improvement in speed I'm unsure what to do now. Our old service with TalkTalk always worked perfectly and we usually sat at around 1.5mb which is more than enough for our house. Hopefully there is a solution to this problem as I feel a bit annoyed to be paying for such crappy broadband.

Please help me Plusnet!

Cheers,

Tom

6 REPLIES 6
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Super Slow Broadband

Can you put your details in https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and let us know what it returns?

chattanavenue22

large.png

This is the results.

Cheers,

Tom

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Telephone number removed from attachment in a public forum..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chattanavenue22 - You should remove your phone number from this post, it is after all a public forum, you don't want it harvested or start getting silly phone calls.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @chattanavenue22

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues. I've been testing your broadband, which looks like to be banded at 1 Mbps and the last connection was running at 0.7 Mbps.

At the moment, the router isn't synchronising to the exchange. Can you try running through the checks here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 and let me know how you get on please?

Thanks.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
chattanavenue22

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've tried these check however the internet is now no longer working! I'm having to write to you using my mobile data which is rather annoying. I'm not sure what to do now!

Cheers,

Tom

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello Tom,

I'd probably advise to raise a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net and I'll be happy to pick up the ticket tomorrow once I'm back in the office.

It looks like our faults team have picked up your ticket yesterday. A fault with the line has been detected and raised to Openreach. The estimated response time is by 17/01/17 23:59:59.

Feel free to let me know if you are still having issues following this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button