cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substandard service

janagn
Dabbler

Substandard service

Registered with PlusNet on the 2nd of March for Fibre Broadband. I was informed that everything will be in place by the 16th. Received a letter on the 4th that everything is progressing normally and a router will arrive a day or so before the designated date.
On the 16th of March the phone was switched and Sky, my previous provider stopped my old Fibre service but no router from plusnet had arrived. Called PlusNet and after 45 minutes holding I was informed that no Fibre is available in my area and my only choice is a copper broadband if I want to take this choice. Tried to get back to Sky only to be told that my Fibre was not available any more. So I am trapped with PlusNet!!
Called back to cancellation line of PlusNet and they "discovered" that there is Fibre but have to wait 5 to 10 days more. Can I trust you? No. Can I do anything about it other than wait for 10 more days? No. This problem is widespread as I can seen in the forums and not either one positive review exists for you company. As I am waiting for something that I am sure that won't happen, I need to report your substandard service, your horrible telephone lines and your inability to offer even a minimum resolution via a simple broadband ON THE DAY you promised and not 5 days later) as well your failure to inform me about your issues well before the 16th, to the Obudsman. Ofcom informed me that you belong to one of the two existing schemas of Obudsman but I have to ask you to which one you belong to.
Anybody with this information available?
Cheers for nothing
22 REPLIES 22
gofaster
Rising Star

Re: Substandard service

See the Plusnet complaints code of practice http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
They use  the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS)
janagn
Dabbler

Thank you for this. Apparently I went through their form. I have to wait for 8 weeks without internet till they justify any actions. I guess I have to revert to smoke/TCPIP interface
janagn
Dabbler

UPDATE:
As expected, there will be no 10 days wait. The issue has been put on hold till the 25th because of "issues". Go figure  Angry
janagn
Dabbler

Today I bite the bullet and reverted my subscription to Sky. I prefer to wait 20 days for them to undo the damage that PlusNet caused than to let PlusNet get away with their useless service. Bye bye all and good luck.
All4One
Grafter

Ciao! All the best!
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,149666.0.html
Which survey newly out. Frying PN - Fire  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
janagn
Dabbler

It looks like that PlusNet is like a bad case of flue. Once you join them, you cannot get rid of them. For those that followed the thread, the latest is that PlusNet is holding an open order to my line since the 15th in order to make anybody''s else life difficult to provide me with my broadband regardless my cancelation.
So Sky blames PN and PN blames Sky....
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quote from: janagn
PlusNet is holding an open order to my line since the 15th in order to make anybody''s else life difficult to provide me with my broadband regardless my cancelation.
So Sky blames PN and PN blames Sky....

We don't have any open orders on your line.
Your line is showing clear for a broadband order to be placed Huh
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
janagn
Dabbler

Apparently not. I was just speaking with your customer support who told me that you are still waiting an update from OpenReach regarding the status of my line. This is going to happen tomorrow 29th of March. So that statement "We don't have any open orders on your line" is misleading. It means nothing. Nobody can place any order on my line because nobody knows what happens with my line. Instead of requesting OpenReach to "clear" it before the 16th, and your committed date, you made the request on the 25th and it is still pending.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Both the orders we placed previously show as cancelled and TAGS for your line are clear, as per my response to your ticket Here
Although the previous update from our suppliers said the following:
Good Morning. We have identified that there is No Active Asset on our Suppliers Systems. We have raised an issue with TAGS Resolution Team asking to investigate and remove the FTTC Marker from the Line. This can take up to 5 Working Days, however we do expect this to be completed earlier so please check Portal for further updates.

The FTTC Marker has already been removed and the line now shows clear. I'll be passing feedback on to the person you spoke to who checked the TAGS Query, but can't have checked the actual TAGS Checker.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
janagn
Dabbler

Great in that scenario, I don't need to wait till tomorrow. Can you please ask your colleague to call me back as promised and verify this so we can plan ahead?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You don't need to wait until tomorrow. I have verified this with my responses both here and on the ticket.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
janagn
Dabbler

Great. Don't do anything yet. Don't put any order or don't try to. For the time being I consider that no broadband order exists with anybody and I have only phone service with you. I will get back once I decide.
Thanks
janagn
Dabbler

I have now placed an order with Sky. As usual I have to wait again 10 days. At present they still claim that there is a problem with my line. I just hope that their update is not as current as yours.