Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid & Misleading Offer

andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Stupid & Misleading Offer

I got the email about the price increase, which I'm only getting round to reading now. I'm on Fibre Extra broadband (no phone) (80/20 as I was on the intial trials plus as long term customer I've other benefits). Anyway in the email they offer me normal Fibre (38/9.5) and phone for £24.99 for 18 months. They say this is same as new customers. On their website the £24.99 offer has a 12 month contract. This is not the same deal as for new customers. That's the misleading.

As a Fibre Extra user I've chosen to take the extra speed therefore to promote a special offer to me which doesn't offer me the same speed is just plain silly. There is an offer running at the minute for Fibre Extra to new customers at £29.99. Why wasn't I offered that instead offering me a speical on a service I had consciously chose not to take!! That's the stupid offer.

23 REPLIES 23
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Stupid & Misleading Offer

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved from Home Phone to a more appropriate board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
PP100
Dabbler

"They say this is same as new customers. "

Actually they don't say it is the same. They say "new customers cant get better". In terms of cost for starter fibre, including landline , that is correct, though on a shorter contract.

For new customers an 18 month contract is £25.99 (plus £25.00 activation fee applies)

It's certainly debatable whether a 12 month contract is "better" or not than an 18 month contract. In that sense I agree, it is misleading.  

Why don't you ask PN to match the new customer extra fibre offer for you?

andun84
Rising Star

In the email in the image they show they say that however in the text they say this:

And we’ve got just the offer for you, unlimited fibre broadband and line rental for £24.99 a month -- it’s the same as new customers.

The website on the very front page: https://www.plus.net/

says Unlimited Fibre from £24.99 inc line rental and no activation fee. 12 month contract.

It's misleading plain and simple.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the confusion caused by this e-mail @andun84

Looks like it's due to the name of the legacy 80/20 package you're on - Plusnet Unlimited Fibre. As per my response over here I've raised this with our marketing team to investigate.

So far we've found out the systems that are sending out the e-mails aren't flagging the above package as 80/20 on the initial screen.

However, if you click through the offer you've received you should see on the last page that your package will remain the same but with discounts added to your account.

Let us know if you do decide to go ahead with that offer and I'll be happy to check your account to double check making sure you stay on the same package.

I hope this helps.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I was also on the the FTTC trial (about 6 years ago(?) ) and was allowed to continue with the 80/20 package. I've always elected to not take any phone package and stick with my £19-99 fibre package.

Does this mean that I should be faced with a £1 increase, since my price was based on taking part in a trial?

I can't produce the email as I was trying to archive it to my PC and caused it to disappear in the process - webmail fails again!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

andun84
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf. When I click through the offer and sign in I'm given pricing based on unlimited fibre and not extra wtih a box to show acceptance. I'm not willing to tick that box as that is not what I want.

I'm trying to work out what the package is being offered to new customers for fibre extra (with I can see has a special price of £29.99 with line rental and 12 month contract and £15 activation fee. I can't however see any details or choose a call package as I keep gettingt an Application Error when I click through:

Application error

Application error

Sorry, there has been an error. The error has been recorded and our development staff will investigate.

You will be automatically redirected to the main page in six seconds.

I would consider a broadband and call package but too many problems at the minute to instill any confidence that I will get what is promised.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@VileReynard

The price refresh affects all broadband customers on Unlimited packages.

If you can't find the e-mail I'll be happy to arrange a call back for you if you would like?

@andun84

Mind sending me a PM with a screenshot of the page you get to when you're hesitant to go further?

Can I also arrange a call back for you to sort this out over the phone instead? Smiley

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andun84
Rising Star

@Gandalf Screenshot attached. As you will see the pricing on this is clearly Unlimited Fibre and not unlimited Fibre Extra pricing (which starts at £29.99) and there's not mention of my existing package so I've not confidence in ticking the terms and conditions box at the bottom of that page (off the range of screenshot) as it just doesn't seem that I'm signing up to to the right offer.

A call back would be great if we can sort this however I'm not free this evening. Any other evening after 6pm usually suits.

I'm interested in an everning & weekend package and as I'm based in Northern Ireland all Republic of Ireland calls are charged at the same rate as other UK calls so want to make sure that this is set up right from the start also as I have family in the Republic.

If you can give me a call some evening if you are on then it would be appreciated. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the screenshot @andun84

Looks like as I was wrong, as this is different to someone else in a similar situation on the Plusnet Unlimited Fibre package.

I'm in the office until 5:30 for the rest of the week so I'll arrange for our customer options team to call you back.

Moreover they're in a better position than me to discuss a retention offer with you anyway. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andun84
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf that will do well.

VileReynard
Hero

@Gandalf wrote:

@VileReynard

The price refresh affects all broadband customers on Unlimited packages.

If you can't find the e-mail I'll be happy to arrange a call back for you if you would like?

Anoush

I don't think there is much point in a phone call about the price refresh price increase - unless you are able to offer a broadband only (no phone), unlimited fibre 80/20 for less than £20-99?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@andun84 I've requested our customer options team call you back.

@VileReynard I'm afraid I don't know what they can offer you. If you prefer they can reached on 0800 013 2632 with absolutely no call queue right now and they're here until 8pm.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@VileReynard

How can you have FTTC fibre without a phone? I'd be interested in that.

VileReynard
Hero

The phoneline has always been supplied by BT.

Since I joined Plusnet before they sold any phone services, I don't pay extra for having broadband & phone services supplied by nominally different companies.