Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck with this for another year.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Stuck with this for another year.

Quote from: Diamond
It's always something else at fault,  although I have to say my ST585v6 sits in the bedroom of my 1950 Bricks & Mortar Bungalow. I have excellent WI-Fi throughout and through many brick interior walls, signal is good even including inside the caravan at the top of the 100 metre garden.

100m garden. Does that mean that there are no other properties near you with Wi-Fi or cordless phones?
If you are in a house with brick interior walls and your laptop can see the house across the road through the window and their router is near the front of their house, which one will give the better signal?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Diamond
Grafter

Yes, although I am in a rural area, there are properties beside me and over the road with wifi, (none behind though.)
My laptop does detect them and the signal is the same strength, even from the caravan, as next door's router is just one double brick dividing wall away. If I had the password, I would not need my own router.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If you can find a WEP "encrypted" router you could download some cracking software.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

By cracking software I presume you mean wonderful software Jeremy Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Oh beautiful