Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Stuck' changes

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

'Stuck' changes

Not that it bothers me personally as I am no longer a PN customer (except for my 'email only' account, but the number of instances I see of people having to request an account is released from a 'pending change' state to allow them to make other changes points to a permanent error somewhere in the system.

Surely it would be a good idea, and save a lot of staff time and customer frustration if the cause of this was investigated and remedied?

As a point of interest, my own account is still reporting as below, 12 months after it was changed and finalised.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 19-45-05 Dashboard Member Centre Plusnet.png

John
14 REPLIES 14
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: 'Stuck' changes

Agreed!!

This has been raised by the SUs.

There is an incident raised for the issue.

It is somewhere on the to be fixed list...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

The known incident (IMT-7501) is only for stuck call features, which gives that error, but there was various causes for this type of error. Looking at your account, the error is pretty much a side effect of having a mail only account.

That's because your bill date is in the past. I suspect our systems can't easily differentiate between a bill date being in the past due to a billing problem, or that we don't actually generate bills on a mail only account. 

The error doesn't seem to be stopping you from making genuine changes to your email service though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Gandalf 

@jab1 first cites the generic issue, which as you suggest on his legacy account is not the same issue as that giving rise to the widely encountered similar symptoms .  The fact that his specific instance is not the same as that in the IMT does not diminish the significant impact / reported occurrence of the "something stuck on the account" issue.

Is there any evidence (suspicion) that there are conditions other than those cited in IMT-7501 and the one you have identified here, which give rise to similar symptoms which mere users might understandably believe to be the same issue?

If yes, does the rectification to IMT-7501 include making clearer what is giving rise to what appears to be a generic vanilla "something is not quite right" error message?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The error on jab1's account would be because the bill date is in the past.

This isn't something we can fix, because it'd mean billing for a service we don't bill. 

The incident ref IMT-7501 is only for stuck call features. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Gandalf wrote:

The known incident (IMT-7501) is only for stuck call features, which gives that error, but there was various causes for this type of error. Looking at your account, the error is pretty much a side effect of having a mail only account.

That's because your bill date is in the past. I suspect our systems can't easily differentiate between a bill date being in the past due to a billing problem, or that we don't actually generate bills on a mail only account. 

The error doesn't seem to be stopping you from making genuine changes to your email service though.

Unlikely to be making any changes to be honest, @Gandalf - I intend to move to my current ISPs mail platform sometime in the near future, and probably leave the forum entirely, but thanks for the information.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries. Hope you’ll stick around the forums though!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

Just as a follow-up : I tried logging into my account today while trying to help a PN customer with a bill viewing problem, and for some reason it won't let me. I can hit the login box, it says 'logging you in', logs me in showing a VERY fast 'you can't make any changes' message, then defaults to a very strange looking page. I'll try and add a screen shot in a little while.

Added below

Screenshot 2022-06-02 at 18-05-15 Dashboard Member Centre Plusnet.png

John
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@jab1  thanks for flagging this.

I get the same issue when I log in, I raised it internally with our incident management team, but so far only one other person has seen the same.

When I'm back in the office I'll add your account to the list. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
jab1
Legend

@JonoH Any news on the inability to access our accounts? I would like to check something and I'm still getting this response.

John
JonoH
Hero

Still happening to me as well, there was a dev looking into my account last week, I'll take a look Monday to see what they've found. In the meantime, is there anything we can help with?

Jono H
jab1
Legend

Cheers, at least it isn't forgotten. It's OK - I found what was looking for in my old records on the external, but it wasn't that important.

John
JonoH
Hero

There's a change control in to fix it, so it shouldn't be much longer.

Jono H
JonoH
Hero

Fix

The log in issues should finally be resolved now @jab1  could you let me know if you're still having issue?

Jono H
jab1
Legend

@JonoH Login issue resolved, thanks.

John