cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no service after 3 weeks

Grubn
Hooked

Still no service after 3 weeks

On 1st March I called plusnet to let them know that I was changing address and wanted to switch my service to the new place. Was told on the phone that I would be set up on the Monday. Monday comes and I get an email delaying me till Wednesday, saying my line would be live then. Comes to Wednesday and I have no phone call, no email, no router in the post yet and no news on my account. I had to further chase plusnet only to be told there is an exception on my line (standard runabout) and that it could take another week. After further continuous chasing and complaining I was told that the line is now set up and that there is now a problem with the broadband order and that someone will personally be updating me on my case (this was start of this week). I have now tried to contact plusnet yesterday and today, and after chasing them AGAIN I've now been told there has been a TAGS on my broadband account. What sickens me is the fact that everytime I've had to phone them to see what the progress is, if any. I am now just getting continuous delays from plusnet ranging from default responses to an absolute lack of knowledge on what's happening. I have now spent over 3 weeks with no broadband, have spent countless money on data so that I can have some sort of internet, and plusnet still seem to show absolute no rush to sort my order out. I am losing all hope now and it has now gotten to the point where I am asking myself whether I want to stay with this ISP or not.

Just hoping someone on here can read this and hopefully action something sooner than those on the phone as this has been an absolute disgrace so far.
7 REPLIES 7
Grubn
Hooked

Re: Still no service after 3 weeks

After receiving a phone call from a manager just then, I've been told that all of a sudden the issue has been identified and am getting an ETA of a callback for Tuesday. During this conversation I asked about why I have yet to receive a router, of which he sounded shocked and informed me that it was a completely separate user error. Give him his due, this manager was a lot more switched on than any other call I've received however it still seems like I am getting ETA after ETA, yesterday I was emailed saying my phone line was set up and broadband had a TAG, now I'm being told it's still my phone line and the TAG has been removed. Still being run about but seems like something is being actioned. Just can't help but feel that these dalays are all due to plusnets incompetent staff instead of an actual error with BT. Their complete lack of chasing up a high priority order has been terrible.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I can see we're chasing this up for you and we're due to have a further update on the 26th.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Grubn
Hooked

Yes, that is what my second comment is about, will be updating this forum after my phone call Tuesday afternoon.
Grubn
Hooked

This is the email I got on Saturday evening confirming that there is still activity on my phone line and this is why they've been having troubles, this has taken them 3 weeks to find???
Grubn
Hooked

And then this is the email I've received just now, 2 days later, who thinks that there's no fibre available in my area and has just said they're downgrading my internet, didn't ask me first, don't know if they are even aware of the issue I was told in Saturday....
Grubn
Hooked

Following another phone call I can now confirm that it has taken 3 weeks to work out that my new address can't have fibre, how is this possible? The lack of knowledge from plusnet has been an absolute disgrace. A written complaint will be put in place.
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Grubn 

Thank you for your time on the telephone today and please accept my sincerest apologies for the delays that you experienced.

I have updated your complaint ticket here

Kind Regards