cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no MAC code, Still no replies, Still no refund etc etc...

BabaOsw
Dabbler

Still no MAC code, Still no replies, Still no refund etc etc...

What do I have to do to get a reply to my emails? One reply in what must be near 20 messages now - im getting angry!
I have been waiting almost 10 weeks now for my MAC code - I have clearly stated that I am not wasting my time and money by phoning an expensive number, therefore request it time after time via email.  Of which I am within my right to do so, despite PlusNet requesting a phone call or letter.  I didn't want to send a letter, due to time (!) and 'going missing' etc.  I didn't want to phone as ive pay-as-you-go (no landline phone) and didn't want to offend the operator, when they would no doubt ask 'why do you want to leave'.
Also:
In the first few months I experienced frequent drop-outs and excessive billing (as I was on 10gb pm), despite little use at the time - situation seems to appear to have resolved somewhat since going onto unlimited service - obviously, still at a cost!  Though I still feel connection speed is slow (or certainly a lot slower than previous supplier)

My last two replies to messages on my forum messages seem to have been deleted?!
My billing date is STILL incorrect!!! It is for some reason on the 27th of a month despite making it very very clear at the time that it must be on the 1st (or just after) - so constant bank charges have left me to now cancel the direct debit as I have still to have this resolved (one reply only!) - I have yet to have any acknowledgement to the charges being refunded - that I find very insulting.
I have offered to proceed with the issue via the ISPA (and/or Ofcom - if that is appropriate???) - still no replies!
How many other email addresses can I send my 'issues' to PLEASE?!
In theory, due to bank charges I am expected to be £50 in credit now - but would just preferred to have switched supplier in January - its now April!
So, do I give it yet another 7 days before I take the issue further?
I am overwhelmed how poor and insulting this service is, does anyone else have serious issues here? I cannot be the only one, surely - there's too many issues here to be an isolated case? Maybe I should start being offensive too???
7 REPLIES 7
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Still no MAC code, Still no replies, Still no refund etc etc...

Plusnet are required to to give the customer two options to request a MAC code, they choose phone and post, you will not be able to get a MAC code any other way.
PN do not offer email as a support method what address have you been emailing or do you mean you have raised a ticket?
The phone number is not expensive its free from a landline 0800 432 0200 or if you have included mins 0345 140 0200
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BabaOsw
Dabbler

thank you for the 0345 number Mike, I will save up to phone that (barring bank charges, lol).
(Just find this whole episode disgraceful)
appreciate your prompt reply  Smiley  - wish this was the case in January, would have saved over £150  Sad
regards
Bazz
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Regarding your slow connection speed have you spoke to support, raised a ticket or a fault?
Are you able to post your router stats?
Once billing date is first set by the system , i don't think this can be changed
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi BabaOsw,
Sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving. I can see that we've now updated your ticket with you MAC key.
Your bill is produced on the 27th but then usually takes 3-5 days for the direct debit to process.
I'd be more than happy to take a look at your line and oversee any speed issues you may have?
Chris
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: BabaOsw
I didn't want to phone as ive pay-as-you-go (no landline phone)

As you have Plusnet broadband, many would be fascinated to know how you have achieved that without a landline phone  Smiley
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: KevinG
As you have Plusnet broadband, many would be fascinated to know how you have achieved that without a landline phone  Smiley
That was also puzzling me and only reason I could think of was no actual phone to plug in to landline.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: BabaOsw
thank you for the 0345 number Mike, I will save up to phone that (barring bank charges, lol).

If you can use the O2 network, get yourself a GiffGaff SIM. If you go to the forum and click a banner on a posting, you can get one and £5 credit (you have to top-up £10 to activate the sim though). 0800 calls are free (0345 are 10p/min) - no I don't use them as there are cheaper alternatives for 01/02/03 numbers.
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.