Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still been billed incorrectly and South African called centre

mal0z
Grafter

Still been billed incorrectly and South African called centre

OK -
Continued billing issues - three months in a row. And although James Bailey was his ever helpful selve last month and before - the billing issue still still got it wrong.
So I phoned the 0845 csc number and to be fair the call was answered within 2 minutes  Smiley
But it was a guy in South African call centre, and this billing issue is so convoluted he wouldn't have had a chance to answer.
I think because i mentioned James name and mentioned that he was on holiday until 27th - AND I mentioned Chris Carr by name - the guy in SA put me on hold and phoned Chris in Sheffield - so full marks for that.  Smiley
And again thanks to Chris for recognising that yet again there had been an issue and he has taken steps to refund the whole bill - so again thanks for that gesture of good will.
But this whole sorry saga has caused anguish and concern to me, and taken a fair bit of PN staff time to resolve. I'm sure they have better things to do - and of course it has cost PN money.
So I really think the billing system needs a good overhaul.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Still been billed incorrectly and South African called centre

Hi Mal,
I appreciate that this has happened to you for 3 months in a row (IIRC), but honestly I don't think that it warrants a complete overhaul of the billing system. It's a special offer problem affecting a single customer, while it obviously isn't a great thing to happen it seems limited to your account unfortunately.
Striven did pass the information on to me via our instant messaging system as the issue is very convoluted and I was involved in the launch of the offer.
Hopefully next month your billing will go nice and smoothly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've given up with mine - it's only a few pence out each month. But they they haven't cottoned on to the fact that they gave me a double refund so I'm about £10 in pocket at the moment.
I've seen plenty since I made the Billing system falling apart - discuss post on PUG that confirms my concerns.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mal0z
Grafter

many Thanks Chris -
but to be fair - I'm not the only one reporting billing issues - there have been several threads here and over on PUG.
Mal
prichardson
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
but to be fair - I'm not the only one reporting billing issues - there have been several threads here and over on PUG.

To be fair, you can't falter such an assumption.
To equal this though, we have a number of ADSL faults open, but this does not specicially mean we have a major system problem.
Nobody can argue that there are no problems with billing, the distinction here is that these are many smaller different issues. From your own which only impacts your own account, to others that impact only a small number of accounts.
It is indeed the case that each of these needs to be taken seriously, as each of them has. But we also have to be realistic and review often has to consider if it is worth it.
In your case, it's a offer that is not longer available and will expire for near enough all customers on it within the next 60 days at most. Given lack of others impacted, it's something we have to take the hit on and deservedly take the flack for. Afterall, there is more benefitial things our developers can be doing.
I agree this is probably not what one may wish to hear and also agree, the cumulation of the many other reported problems does often look worrying, but each needs to be taken into context.