Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status messages on Twitter

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Status messages on Twitter

When there are major problems such as the one we've seen today would it be possible for PN to post details directly on Twitter rather than just linking to a status page. I know tweets are rather limited in length but I'm sure a brief message could be made. Not everyone has mobile internet, I receive PN twitter messages via txt and they're not much use when they point to a web page. Looking at this mornings tweets it was about 11am before a direct reference was made to the problem.
Paul
10 REPLIES 10
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Status messages on Twitter

Would say more important its on the news feed, the problem wasn't Seen on the news feed until the first update.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I'll have a chat with the Digicare guys about that.  Good question.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We started posting brief updates on Twitter without links once we'd gone through the initial batch of tweets about the issue. We'll keep this in mind in future.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bigkitty

I agree, as much info as possible on twitter, even if it runs to 4 or 5 tweets at a time. I was on my laptop, but twitter was the only page I could get to load fully, when I clicked on the links they couldn't load, and you couldn't get on to the plusnet site either, so the links weren't any help at all for some of us.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Or even via the newsgroup plusnet.service.status.
I was still able to receive emails & newsgroup postings, but I couldn't get much at all from the internet.
The first newsgroup post I received was timed at 10:24, a good few hours after the problem became apparent.
Chris
Legend

The first post to service status wasn't made by one of the Digital Care team (we usually make the service status posts) and the person who made it simply missed a tick box to post to Usenet.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you can also subscribe to e-mail notifications thsi is the latest
Service: Broadband
Posted: Thu, Feb 02 2012 at 17:39:07
Subject: Slow speeds/Data transfer (70143) - UPDATE
This is an update to our previous announcements regarding slow speeds. Our engineers are still working with our suppliers to resolve the underlying issue, in order to alleviate further slowdowns this evening we're adding additional capacity to our network ahead of schedule.
We'll update this service status again in the morning unless there are any updates to provide overnight.
Apologies for the inconvenience this has or may be causing you.
Kind regards
Joanne Pilson
Customer Support

and this was the first at 8:43
Service: Broadband
Posted: Thu, Feb 02 2012 at 08:37:56
Subject: Traffic management maintenance update
We are currently investigating a problem that has arisen during maintenance of our traffic management platform. Customers will likely experience slower speeds than normal due to being assigned a default profile.
Our network engineers are investigating this issue and we will provide a further update once we have more information.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the temporary low speeds.
Kind Regards,
Matthew Peckham
Customer Support

today and yesterdays as below
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if virtually all of PN is not accesible, I get the RSS feed and service emails from the staff.
Would like the emails brief though.... "Broadband not working " etc
But also, early this morning there should have been a verbal status announcement on the 0800 numbers before menus as it was such a major event, rather than having to go through 3? menu options and then wait for a busy tech guy to answer.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've fed back regarding the messages on the phones too, as there certainly should have been - though we know one was added later on in the morning. Thanks very much for the heads up.
Chris
Legend

But also, early this morning there should have been a verbal status announcement on the 0800 numbers before menus as it was such a major event, rather than having to go through 3? menu options and then wait for a busy tech guy to answer.

There is also a service status phone line which did have a message from early in the morning.
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/contact_us/contact_details.shtml
Broadband Service Status 0800 917 6714