cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staff Notifications

tomxlisa
Grafter

Staff Notifications

I have just been on the phone to the support team about a response notification i got from the staff, what i mean is when you log in on the control panel it tells you when the staff have answered your question, which is all good, but when you click the little (x) to get rid of it, when you log back in the notification appears back again, surely once you have read what the notification is telling you about it should go away, because if you was waiting for other questions to be answered, you wouldn't really know, cause it would just keep telling you the staff have answered, but it may not be to the one you are waiting for, it might be one you have already viewed but as it keeps telling you, well your never know, well me and the support guy said about coming here and saying about it, to see maybe if anything can be done about it, to make it work slightly more clever so it does know what you have read from the staff and not read, it might just be a problem with the system, but the support guy did check this and said there wasn't and it is the way the notification works for some reason, thoughts welcome.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Staff Notifications

I hope the ticket was more readable !
I've tried several times, I gave up.
I never have a problem with the PlusNet ticket system, nor the staff that respond.
It has always worked exactly as it should, for me.
You do seem to be having a lot of problems on your first day !
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Staff Notifications is a bit of a confusing title! It's not staff you are being notified about, it is "Your Question" (otherwise known as "Ticket").
You need to visit the response (whilst logged in) by Clicking on the "Your Question" link in the box which will take you direct to that latest responded question,  or select the >Help and Support tab at any time whilst logged in, then select >Help Assistant on the LHS
The page should now list your open question(s). Select the relevant one(s) to view.
Once you have either responded to any open questions, or closed them as the response(s) have dealt with your query, then the pop-up will disappear next time you login.
tomxlisa
Grafter

The trouble is, when i view the ticket, it doesn't allow me to close it, only update it?.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think only the originator can close a ticket.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: tomxlisa
The trouble is, when i view the ticket, it doesn't allow me to close it, only update it?.

If the ticket's been created by a member of staff (and in some circumstances the system) then you won't be able to close it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Update it requesting someone to close it! That's how I've dealt with those in the past.
tomxlisa
Grafter

That is a good point, i will update it requesting for someone to close it, how long is it normally for a ticket to expire?.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

An open ticket will automatically close if it has been inactive for 14 days.
tomxlisa
Grafter

Cheers for the info.