Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed

grinder2
Grafter

Speed

Download 278kbps
Upload 354kbps
Never known anything like this in all the years i have used broadband what a load of c**p Angry
25 REPLIES 25
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Speed

I've looked at all four of the posts you've made so far, all we can tell is that you are not happy, but you haven't really given us much idea of why. You could be at the end of a very, very long line that only just manages to sync around 512kbps for all we know.
Perhaps you could give us some more information such as what speed your modem syncs at, what you BT IP Profile is, what faults you've raised and what the outcome was etc.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
grinder2
Grafter

Not starting that game again been there got the tee shirt my problems started the day i moved to plusnet tired of test after test never had prob with line speed in all the years i had been with Onetel or any other provider i admit i made big mistake by moving to minusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well thats your problem then if you dont want help, stop complaining
Jonken
Grafter

Surely the whole purpose of the rant section of the forum is to let off steam and have a good moan. If this guy had wanted help he would have posted in a different forum. Crazy
Instead he gets snippy responses from the resident Plusnet apologist.
John
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you have got it wrong they have had offers of help and advice from a few people who have a lot of expertise and are not employees of Plusnet and you have said testicles
grinder2
Grafter

cheers Jonken thats what i thought this rant forum was for to get it off my chest in public rather than constantly waiting for ticket replies that goes round and round in circles.
thought i would let off some steam.
Rage against the machine.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi grinder2,
I've just checked your line and you're synced at 7616 with a profile of 5500 at present on BTs side (ours is currently set to 6000). What sort of slowdowns are you seeing, and at what sort of times? Is there any chance you could post the results of a BT speed test please?
Unfortunately without that we don't have anything to go back to BT with I'm afraid.
grinder2
Grafter

this morning 1.15mb/s
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately that result isn't showing in the BT speed tester database when I run the line check. Could you post the full results from the check please?
grinder2
Grafter

Results Image not loaded
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download  Speed
291 Kbps

0 Kbps 7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 291 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7616 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 5500 Kbps
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

This looks like another example of the BT problem where some people are getting ridiculously slow speeds.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Jonken
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
you have got it wrong they have had offers of help and advice from a few people who have a lot of expertise and are not employees of Plusnet and you have said testicles

Thanks for such a well argued and carefully thought out response Cry
Firstly - What, in your opinion, is the purpose of a rant forum. To me a rant forum post is the forum equivalent of painting "I'm not a happy bunny" in 6 foot high fluorescent letters across the front wall of Plusnet Towers. Replies not necessarily needed or wanted, just the knowledge that it will be seen by Plusnet is enough. The release of tension and frustration avoids the 'router being thrown against the wall' scenario and allows a calmer, more rational, discussion to take place in the proper help forums located in tthe Community Support section.
Secondly - Even I can manage to work out that posters who do not have Plusnet Employee in their details are not Plusnet Employees. Also it is self evident that virtually all posters, whether Plusnet employees or not offer valuable support and information to people who need and ask for it.
Thirdly - There was one, exactly one, "snippy" response. I leave it as an exercise for the reader to identify it.
Fourthly - please note that this posting contains no swearing, blasphemy or references to male or female genitalia.
John
grinder2
Grafter

well said Jonken i made a bad move picking minusnet years of broadband use with not a test in sight and not one problem the only reason i moved was Onetel could no provide me with more than 2meg, never had any snail pace speed with them could always do watch what i needed to. but fancied watching for one iplayer hd, so minusnet offered up to 8meg my line capable of 6meg more than enough, day one to 2 months later  test after test router in one place moved to another master test socket wires in wires out, tickets in tickets out shake it all about and i'm doing the hokey cokey.
where do we go from here more tests or move at my expense 1 year contract to see out nightmare.
Plusnet i don't think so its been minus all the way! 
gswindale
Grafter

Something's not right here - your profile from BT shows that you should receive higher speeds than you are getting.
To me that means that your router is syncing fine with the exchange and that the problem lies internally.  What sort of network setting were you using with Onetel and are you using now with PN?