cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problem query

gardencoaster
Grafter

Speed problem query

Having raised a ticket on Thursday morning and heard nothing since, I have been using Google and searching this site for information about recovery of IP Profiles.
(A noisy line caused mine to collapse and BT Openreach has visited and replaced and rewired master socket and extensions to remove the source of the noise.)
I gather it takes 2-3 days and is automatic.  Well, my line's has recovered from 135 kbps to (at last check) 5500 kbps but the actual download throughput speed is stuck around 230kbps.
As it was my understanding that the download speed would recover around the same time as the IP profile and reconnecting doesn't seem to make the slightest difference, I am now in need of some advice if someone would be kind enough to provide it.
If someone at PlusNet would have a look at the comments and uploads I have been adding to the ticket, it could be helpful.  Thanks...

4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Speed problem query

What does https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate say for your current line speed?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gardencoaster
Grafter

Current line speed shown at PlusNet is 250.  Angry
Connection speed shown in router stats is 6944.  Huh
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Ring Plusnet support and ask then to set your current line speed to match your IP Profile - don't take any rubbish from them about having to wait three days - if it's more than 12 hours since the IP Profile reported by the BT test went up they can do instantly. Once they have done it it may need you to disconnect/reconnect to pick up the increased speed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gardencoaster
Grafter

Thanks a million, jelv!  Cheesy
Sorted!  Smiley