cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed fault fixed very quickly - Thanks! But 2 small issues nonetheless...

ChrisR123

Speed fault fixed very quickly - Thanks! But 2 small issues nonetheless...

Having just signed over to yourselves from Orange, I was surprised at getting 2mbps on your up to 20mbps pack when Orange gave me 6mbps on their up to 8mbps plan, especially as the line checker suggested I'd get nearer to 15mbps.
I looked into a few things on your website which helped me diagnose the problem was with my IP Profile, so I waited a few days, after reading how IP profiles should raise automatically if you don't have connection issues. Nothing happened.
So 9 days after joining, I raised a ticket online. Within 24 hours (Just, haha!), everything's sorted and I get a phone call telling me to reboot my router and I'll have higher speeds. Guess what? It's now working perfectly.
So I just wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone involved in helping sort this out at Plusnet's end. Not because you've necessarily done anything extraordinary for me (Maybe you have, maybe you haven't) but just because I know from when I worked in a call centre years back that people are often so quick to criticise and seldom take the effort to say "well done".
2 small caveats to this praise though:
1) Initially I typed loads into the "extra information" box on the fault form, but it didn't transfer over to your end meaning the first response to my query could have been avoided. May be an issue with the website? Or maybe I pressed the wrong button but I'm fairly sure I didn't!
2) I filled in my mobile number to get SMS updates on my fault, but never received any. If I'd relied on them and not checked online anyway, I'd not have seen the first reply from you and therefore not given you the extra info again that you needed that failed to populate first time, which could have led to a lengthy and unnecessary delay.
But that's really just an aside, overall I'm delighted with how quickly and professionally the staff handled and resolved the problem.  Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Speed fault fixed very quickly - Thanks! But 2 small issues nonetheless...

Welcome to the Forum
it has been reported here recently, that adding to the tickets puts them back to the end of the pile again, it has in the past been denied
th PN staff monitor these forums 5 days a week normal office hours, but dedicated staff are known to appear at very odd hours
ChrisR123

Yes I can well imagine adding to the ticket puts them to the back of the queue - That's exactly what used to happen when I worked for Orange, anyway! Less experienced staff would often try and placate irate customers by opening up their tickets that were in the queue for Tech Support and adding "This is urgent, customer is getting annoyed".
I should perhaps clarify that I didn't add to the ticket whilst it was in the queue. Initially it went off to Plusnet without the extra details on, even though I'd added them when I wrote out the ticket. It came back to me an hour or so later (Maybe less) saying "Your BB is working fine, we've checked", or words to that effect.
Which is correct, it was working, but the details I thought were added on there about the speed being 2mbps due to the IP profiling were missing. So as it was already back with me, I added the full details and sent it back to Plusnet and they resolved it today. My worry is why the details I typed in initially didn't transfer to the ticket.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Chris,
PN staff monitor these forums 5 days a week normal office hours

Here's the proof that we do Smiley
I'll be honest with you I have checked your fault ticket and your comments did get through to us, I will raise the fact that this information was disregarded as a training matter. There's no point in us asking for extra information if agent's don't use it.
Please accept our apologies for that being overlooked and also a big thanks for the constructive  feedback you've given.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ChrisR123

Thanks Adam, much appreiciated.