cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry to complain again but... useless support

Be3G
Grafter

Sorry to complain again but... useless support

Ok, here's the situation: a couple of nights ago I noticed, after experiencing slower-than-expected speeds, that my Pluset data transfer profile (not sure what it's called) was set to 2000K - whereas my BT BRAS profile was where it should be at 4500K. Presumably, I thought, I must have had a one-off low sync event that somehow resulted in a 2000K profile, then PN's systems didn't pick up the fact that I'd since returned to 4500K. So I raised a ticket (29025620) to the supposedly helpful customer support centre in order to get the PN profile set to match the BRAS profile. And, well, since that point it seems I've been banging my head against a brick wall. I've received two utterly useless stock replies (oh how I hate those things - they're fine when used properly, but as PN have demonstrated in my ticket, they're often not); furthermore, no-one seems to understand that I do not have a broadband fault and that I am not trying to report one. All I want is my Plusnet data profile to match my BRAS profile so I once again get the speeds I should have. (Also, I wasn't impressed by the fact it took over 17 hours to get a reply to my update yesterday lunchtime.)
And guess what, there's some irony in all of this... in the second useless stock reply it mentioned restarting my router so I thought 'Ok, I might as well'. And doing so did not help, but it did knock a couple of hundred kilobits off my sync speed, which means I've now lost 500K off my BRAS profile too. Sad
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Sorry to complain again but... useless support

I have had the same issue a while ago as have a number of others on here and always seem to get the same response to tickets raised about it Sad
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

Thomas.
I've changed your IP Profile.  For a simple check, the ticket response isn't good enough.
I'll have a chat with the relevant parties when they're in the office.
Be3G
Grafter

Hallelujah. Thank you James. I had a feeling that just posting the request straight to the forums would get the best response... but the ticket system is supposed to be the main support channel so I thought I should comply and use that. Oh well, you live and learn.