cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry for making you wait...

Mav
Fixes: 514

Sorry for making you wait...

After a couple of outages yesterday and this morning the router would not connect at all even after trying a second one.
Rang support and we did get things sorted quite quickly once through (wait time given - 45 minutes, actual wait around 30 minutes). It seems something had become 'stuck' at the exchange.
A couple of observations.
1) The music, while on hold, was extremely loud. Normally I've got through within a few minutes so never really noticed it.
2) The repeated message 'Sorry for making you wait...' gives the impression, to me anyway, that the wait is almost deliberate. I know it's not but do you see what I mean?
The wait time isn't a problem to me but I am just wondering whether the wording could fuel the anger of someone whose got a problem with their service and already getting fed up waiting?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES 8
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Sorry for making you wait...

These recorded messages always seem to me to imply that a long wait is the norm.
I can't  remember who it was, but someone I rang ( many years ago) used a call back service. Where you pressed the appropriate button and hung up. They then phoned you back when you were next in the queue. No music, and you could get on with your life!
Surely this is possible with today's technology?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mav,
Thanks for taking the time to post the feedback. I'm glad to hear that the issue was resolved. I will pass your comments on to the relevant team regarding the hold music and the hold message.
petecov44
Grafter

Darn messages interrupt the music too much. Just want to hear all of Ruby as I am waiting in the queue now. I think Skype has a problem as the music keeps going all wonky.. It doesn't happen on land line. Stupid VoIP Sad
Empirical
Grafter

I like the loud music, I can put the phone next to me and get on with computer work whilst I wait and listen out for it going off. Could do with getting rid of the repeated message though.  Grin
Mav
Fixes: 514

The worst ones are of the type "We know your call is important to us..."... Then bloody answer the phone Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

petecov44
Grafter

I've had " there is a 20 minute queue" and then it's instantly connected.
Sweet
noname
Grafter

...or listening to "Don't you want me baby"
oh the irony
petecov44
Grafter

Yes they do seem to like the HL since all the advertising.
I remember the time when team leaders (or the person who was in charge of the call queues) used to put messages on as and when needed. Now it's always there so implying always a wait.
I use the weq4u app or number from my landline so I don't have to wait in any queues and I can get on with my day while it waits for me.
Genius