cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone sort out Plus Payment Fiasco

PayPlus

Someone sort out Plus Payment Fiasco

Why can't PlusNet sort this out??!!
In March 2009, I was put on a monthly payment of £5.99.
In June 2009 you started charging me £11.99 per month.
I complained about this mistake and was told you would refund and sort it. Because you had some problem with your payments system you continued to charge at £11.99 but refunded £6 each month until end December 2009.
In January 2010 you charged me £17.98! That is you ADDED the correct £5.99 to the incorrect £11.99!
I complained, someone again said it would be sorted out and refunded £11.99. He spent some time and assured me it was really sorted and I would be charged £5.99 in February.
Guess what? You have sent me an email giving me notice that £17.98 will be taken from my account on 23/02/2010!
Will you please ensure that only £5.99 is taken and this account lunacy is properly corrected.

Copied To: ...
Your comment 4:16pm, Friday 19th February 2010
A response would be useful!
.... CSC Analyst 4:27pm, Friday 19th February 2010
Dear ...,
I have checked your account and found the problem. There was an error within our billing system which I have now rectified.
You will be pleased to know you are now once again, on the ongoing monthly Broadband tariff of £5.99.
If you have any other queries please contact us.
Kind regards,
Your comment 11:38am, Saturday 20th February 2010
Thank you, however others have made the same confident assertion before!
... CSC Analyst 7:38pm, Sunday 21st February 2010
Dear ...,
I do apologise for the error.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 08451400200 or respond to this ticket.
Kind regards,
Your comment 9:55am, Wednesday 24th February 2010
URGENT
0N 24 Feb 2010 DIRECT DEBIT ref PLUSNET PLC PNET587819-1 TOOK £17.98 FROM MY ACCOUNT.NOT £5.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will you please get someone involved who is actually able to sort this out. Currently, my only hope appears to be to stop the Direct Debit and pay you "manually" please advise how to do this.
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Someone sort out Plus Payment Fiasco

Sorry this happened again on your account, I've just replied to your ticket and asked one of our developers to take a look at your account to see why we're charging the extra £11.99 per month to you. They should be able to pinpoint and rectify the problem to stop this happening again.
I've also placed your ticket 'on-hold' internally, this means that we'll check it again in a couple of days and refund the incorrect charge once the payment is marked as clear.
Once again, I'm very sorry this happened and we're doing what we can to fix it for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PayPlus

Thanks Chris, as the same problem has now been running for nearly a year, I'm not holding my breath.
DavidH
Grafter

I wouldn't hold your breath on the refund either. I know that there's a recession on and all that but there are laws against taking people's money and not giving it back.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@ DavidH..... why do you keep spamming other peoples threads?  this is not your problem, and you are not helping...
Chris
Legend

Quote from: PayPlus
Thanks Chris, as the same problem has now been running for nearly a year, I'm not holding my breath.

I hope that this time it's fixed once and for all for you.

@DavidH
I've stated the timescales for a direct debit refund on your thread, sorry it takes so long.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PayPlus

While the £17.98 taken from my bank on 18th Feb is shown as in Plus account, the promised repayment of £11.99 has not been made - despite my telling them of their error (another version of the  of the same one Plus has made for nearly a year despite my various reports to them).
Chris
Legend

Hi again,
I'll go issue the refund now as the payment is showing as cleared on our side, as it's a direct debit it can take 7-10 working days to complete. Sorry about that.
PayPlus

Thanks Chris, I see the repayment has been triggered. Lets hope accounts can start billing me correctly at last.