cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone from Dev been tinkering ..... ??

scootie
Grafter

Re: Someone from Dev been tinkering ..... ??

rongtw it would only show an improvement in your gaming if the games traffic was mis classfied, if its classified right then the experience is the same across all packages (that's if there not 2mb rate capping on value, like they did on unlimited usage)
pro comes into its own for pc gamers mostly as the wide selection of ports ect used makes keeping up with traffic management sigs alittle harder so you wouldnt have to wait for a game to be released then reported an wait about a week for PN to build a signature for the game.
how much would it come to on the fibre packages then (yes am lazy oldjim) 
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Asbo Dog
Depending on which package you are on, either Value or Extra you'd add £10 for the fibre then £5 for the Pro Add on.
Jojo Smiley
john50
Grafter

So does the pro add on run at BT's estimated line speed or the speed the line is capable of.
I added this Sat evening there seemed to be a bit of a difference but when I checked my speed its now running at a fairly constant 980m although I didn't check the speed just before adding it, normally I have been running at a fairly constant 1400-1500 with no problem although on llu I know my line happily stays at 2 m.
Nothing at all has changed at my end to cause this difference
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Pro addon doesn't alter the evil effects of the IP profile
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Pro removes the rate limits that apply on Value and Extra and allows all traffic to come down as fast as possible. As Oldjim says it doesn't affect the IP profile.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
john50
Grafter

Thanks, any chance of somebody kicking the profiles up the backside or whatever you have to do to get my linespeed back to about 1500...it makes a lot of difference on these speeds  Cheesy
scootie
Grafter

your best off starting a new thread and posting your routers connection stats, sync speed, snr/noise margin, attention and see if there is anything that can be done to make your sync speed stay above the sync theshold for the ip profile you want.
a ran a 63+ attention line for a year and about 90-95% of the time kepted a 1750kbps profile and understand your frustration when you lose 250kbps of a profile down at these speeds. router choice is must at these attention levels, my netgear dg834 v4 couldn't cope, but the supplied zyxel from the post office seemed to have a hard set noise margin of 6db, but even with custom firmware running on the netgear that allowed hard setting of the noise margin to 6db it still didnt sync with 60% of what the zyxel did