Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some positive feedback

balancedfire
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Some positive feedback

Hi there, I've been looking at the forums quite a bit in the run-up to my installation, which took place today. I noticed lots of complaints about the Openreach guys being idiots or not turning up, with a lot of posts about how slow people's new fibre connections are. I thought I would post my experience in an attempt to counter this.
I ordered about 2-3 weeks ago now, I think it was just after Christmas. I got a load of emails and texts with all the information other providers normally send in the post. When I made a quick call to query something, I got a sensible answer and didn't have to wait too long to speak to someone. Then I noticed I could see my account notes online, which is great.
I rang up AOL (I know... ) to get my MAC code and supplied it to Plusnet via the online ticket system. I got a response pretty quickly to say it was done and confirm my install date, today, between 1pm and 6pm. I booked a half-day, half expecting that the engineer may not turn up, based on what I have seen here. Turns out he was bang on time and actually called me at 10.30am to check if I was available beforehand as he was in the area. I was at work so asked if he would come back at 1pm. When I got home just before 1pm, he was there waiting for me as promised. The installation took all of 10 minutes and he checked that I was online and happy with everything before leaving. Nice chap.
I've now got broadband that's about 10x quicker than my old ADSL and it even costs less than it did before. I live about 300 yards from the cabinet so am expecting that once the line settles i'll be on the full 78mbit or whatever. Great stuff.
Thanks Plusnet, it's been excellent so far.
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Some positive feedback

Hi balancedfire,
Thanks a lot for your feeback! I'm glad to hear that the experience went so cleanly for you.
This is always a point of debate, which my colleague brushed across here, but whilst we do have problems with Openreach, they do tend to show most of the time for the installation.
Thanks again, and let me know if there happens to be any problems Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Some positive feedback

I'll second the OP post.
Just changed to fibre no problems and the engineer [Kelly Comms] was helpful and considerate, even putting covers on his shoes even tho' it was dry out side [which was good as we don't wear shoes in the house].
Also just changed the phone and had BB installed at my mothers [BB won't be used much and I've not connected the router yet] again the only slight problem was not keeping the old phone number but was rectified in 24hrs and I thank again MattyC for his total honesty in why it got changed.
Thanks guys.