cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some observations about my recent Plusnet experience

delticman

Some observations about my recent Plusnet experience

Plusnet sent me a text message asking for feedback so...
A few weeks ago I requested a product change from Value to Essentials (10Gb) in order to save a few pennies each month. Unfortunately, Plusnet managed to mess up my account with the result that my internet connection was cut off for 11 days in total.
I thought that getting me reconnected would have been a priority as it was Plusnet's error but I had to make 4 phone calls, waiting approx 20 mins each time for someone to answer. I just got the impression that Plusnet weren't particularly bothered. When I asked about how long it would take to fix my problem, nobody could give me a straight answer. The replies were “we're still looking into it”, “no more updates” or “we'll text you daily” (which they didn't). This only made me more frustrated by the situation. For all I knew, my reconnection could have taken 3 days, 3 weeks or 3 months! In the end I had to have a good rant (sorry Deyna and others) for anyone to take me seriously. It was only when I spoke to a manager that things seemed to happen and I was reconnected (thank you Sam & Curtis) but I still think it should not have taken 11 days to fix. During this time I had to make daily visits to the library to check emails and do some internet banking and it was all very inconvenient. To top it all, I'm getting a refund of £2.20 as compensation for loss of service – I know I only pay £6 a month but this a derisory amount for all the hassle.
I have a suggestion. If Plusnet brings out a new product (e.g. Essentials) which is cheaper than the current product (e.g. Value) and they offer the same features, as a gesture of good will to existing customers, why don't they automatically reduce the price to that of the new product (£6.49 to £5.99 in my case)? I don't know if I've got the wrong impression or not but I get the feeling that Plusnet is paying more attention to attracting new customers (e.g. TV adverts) than looking after its existing ones! In general, I think that Plusnet offers a good service – I have been with them for nearly 10 years – but I think there is room for improvement when things go wrong.
Hope this feedback is useful to Plusnet management – it's meant to be constructive criticism.
6 REPLIES 6
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Some observations about my recent Plusnet experience

There's definitely room for improvement. Unfortunately your bad experience isn't unique and at the moment they seem to be more interested in attracting new customers rather than looking after their existing ones. Well I hope you followed the feedback link and gave them negative on everything.There's been plenty of  "constructive" criticism round here, but so far it seems to be falling on cloth ears  Roll_eyes
All4One
Grafter

Quote from: delticman

I have a suggestion. If Plusnet brings out a new product (e.g. Essentials) which is cheaper than the current product (e.g. Value) and they offer the same features, as a gesture of good will to existing customers, why don't they automatically reduce the price to that of the new product (£6.49 to £5.99 in my case)? I don't know if I've got the wrong impression or not but I get the feeling that Plusnet is paying more attention to attracting new customers (e.g. TV adverts) than looking after its existing ones! In general, I think that Plusnet offers a good service – I have been with them for nearly 10 years – but I think there is room for improvement when things go wrong.

I think the problem here is that the 5.99 is agreeing to a new package so a new contract, and the 6.49 is either out of contract or still on your old contract at that price . So, I imagine that can't just change people over because they can't force contracts on customers. Despite that, I see where you coming from and it would be nice, maybe in a perfect world Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@delticman,
Really sorry to hear about the issues you've had there, glad to hear it's since been sorted but do let me know if you have any further concerns or issues.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
delticman

Guess what? Plusnet have managed to cut me off AGAIN!!! After last month's fiasco when I was disconnected for 11 days I thought all my problems were over. For some reason they had put me on the tariff for Broadband Your Way Option 2 and I suspect that was the reason they were going to charge me an extra £14.99 so I queried this and asked for a refund. Unfortunately Plusnet decided to transfer me once again to the Essentials package with the result that I was disconnected which is exactly what happened a month ago. When this happens once it is perhaps forgiveable but to repeat the error the following month surely smacks of plain incompetence? Does the left hand at Plusnet know what the right hand is doing? Obviously not.
I don't really care what product I'm on whether Value, BYW or Essentials as long as it works! So again I am left waiting God knows how long for someone to fix this. It's getting beyond a joke now - I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Let this be a warning to other users who are thinking of switching products. You know the saying "If it ain't broke...". If only I had stayed with Plusnet Value when I had 4 years of uninterrupted service.
Sad Cry Angry Angry Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Is your modem/router showing sync with the exchange?
everhopeful
Dabbler

Leave now.  Plus Net seems to be doomed to failure.