cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Constructive Criticism

nheather
Dabbler

Some Constructive Criticism

Last Thursday I tried to take out a PlusNet Mobile contract.  Without going into details it was a nightmare and left me pretty irate.

On Saturday morning my account and SIM were activated and I looked forward to using my VERY GOOD data and voice signal.  Now this is a failing of EE, I don't blame PlusNet for this one, but what I actually received was practically ZERO.  Every now and then I would get the odd flicker of a single bar or an 'E' data signal but a few seconds later they would be gone.

Bit disappointing to be honest, bit annoyed with EE for having such an inaccurate coverage checker - I know these checkers aren't perfect but quoting VERY GOOD I thought I might at least get GOOD or AVERAGE but ZERO (how can it be so wrong - this was outside the house too).  Anyway, putting that behind me, the service provision was clearly no good for me and being well within my cooling off period I contacted PlusNet to get my account closed and payment refunded.  Well six days on, what can I say - I think it has been cancelled, not sure whether the refund has been processed, none of the confirmation emails have materialised.

So onto feedback - I'll sum it up in two points:

1) If you tell the customer you are going to do something then do it.  It appears to be institutionalised behaviour throughout the customer service team to tell the customer great things, just what he wants to hear and then to do nothing.

2) Don't blame other departments.  It might be true that Department X has failed to do something but unless you are going to pass me onto them so I can have a word please keep the blame culture to yourself.  I'm not interested in whose fault it is, my one and only permissible point of contact is with Customer Services and therefore, they must bear responsibility for representing the company and ensuring what they promised actually gets done.

Cheers,

Nigel

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Some Constructive Criticism

Moderators Note.
released from Spam filter.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Nigel.

Thanks for your feedback.

I can see that my colleague has picked up your other thread and will be responding to you accordingly, shortly.

Best wishes,

Dave

nheather
Dabbler

I only have one thread.  There were two but they were the same - when the first disappeared into the SPAM filter I thought I had accidentally deleted it so created another one.

As far as I can see the other one has been removed.

My only other contribution is a reply to another thread.

Cheers,

Nigel