cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Tariffs

ross_erskine

Re: Social Tariffs

I'm getting conflicting advice. I called broadband team and discussed social tarrif but was told there would be ETC. I have read on forums that there will be no ETC if you switch from Plusnet to BT social tarrif but the team on phone tell you otherwise (after he checked with supervisor), which is it?
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Hi @ross_erskine 

Thanks for reaching out over the forums, I'm sorry to hear you're receiving conflicting advice. You don't pay for ETC's if you're able to switch over to BT's Social Tariff, as long as you do this through us. It would be better for you to speak to our Customer Option Team about this because I don't think you have so far. 

Give them a call on 0800 013 2632 directly. They are open between:

08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

They'll be able to check your eligibility and walk you through the process. In terms of the adviser you spoke to the other day, I'll make sure internal feedback is sent across to them. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@ross_erskine 

The key consideration from @csmith94 's words is "as long as you do this through us".

If the user does the swap, they will pay ETCs for breaching the contract.

You might thus not have received conflicting information, but accurate information, depending on the precise context of the question.

• Can Plusnet move me to a BT social tariff without ETCs - Yes!
  • Can I move me to a BT social tariff, then tell Plusnet and expect to avoid ETCs - No!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Fairyshadow12

I agree very sad 😢 they don’t follow bt parent company
Fairyshadow12

I be changing once contract ends if they follow