cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So far so good

heals

So far so good

Just thought I'd post on here to share my recent experience with PN...
I placed my order on 04/04/2013 for unlimited broadband and a new phone line (With the standard evening & weekend calls) as I've never had the line activated where I live.  When selecting a date for the engineer to come out, I could only select dates as of Monday  22/04/2013 - Selected 24/04/2013, 25/04/2013 or 29/04/2013.
Got an SMS shortly afterwards stating that a BT Openzone engineer would be out on 17/04/2013 (Great for me - the sooner I can get off this damned 3g dongle connection the better!) although there was still adequate time to re-organise by calling if needs be.
Roll on to the engineer date - I'd left an engineer note when signing up to ask them to call me if they needed access to the property as I'd be at work (I only work a 3 minute walk away).  I was given a time between 8am - 1pm (Hate time frames like this, but nothing PN can do about it).  My phone rang at 9:08am, it was the BT bloke - nipped out of work to meet him and they got everything done within 50 mins (Would have been a lot quicker, but had to go to the letting agent to get a key to access the phone connections outside the flat - probably should have thought about that beforehand, but the engineers were happy to wait)
Got a notification later on that day saying that line tests had been carried out and all was well.
Just got back in from work and checked the member centre - my broadband is now being activated (Which could take up to a week, but they told me that when I signed up).
So all in all - a positive experience for me so far.  Thought I'd post this as I'm sure that most people that have had no problems don't feel the need to visit the forums (I normally don't, but thought I'd try and reassure people that have seen the horror stories on here that it can also go well).
That isn't to say if I'd gone through what some people have with failed engineer visits / cancelled orders etc I wouldn't be ranting until my fingers fell off - bad customer service annoys everyone.
The only question I have is when does the router normally get posted out once the 'activating your line' part of the process has started?  I can wait, was just curious!
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: So far so good

Welcome to the forum heals Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Your router will arrive the day before your broadband goes live.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Your router has been posted as of today Smiley
heals

Just thought I'd post back with an update - The broadband is now active and running really well, cannot fault PN / BT on this installation.
Gone from having a connection of around 1 - 1.5 meg to around 17meg now - very happy customer!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Smiley Thanks for letting us now and glad to hear you're up and running.