cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow response to support questions...

pendragoncs
Dabbler

Slow response to support questions...

Do PN publish any target reponse times to Support questions raised?
I know you send out an automated email...but i don't believe it has any info on targets i.e. "We aim to respond withing X"
Tomorrow wil be day 5 (assuming support work over the weekends)  since i raised a support question with now updates.
Jason
12 REPLIES 12
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Slow response to support questions...

Ive been with plusnet 10 days now and i can honestly say ive had no issues with support tickets.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The current call and daily ticket response stats are on the website here. The ticket stats are for routine questions handled by the front line staff. It does say questions requiring help from other departments may take longer.
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

5 days doesn't sound right, I'm assuming it's not a standard support ticket as we're turning those around pretty fast at the moment. Let me pick this up in the morning when I'm back in the office.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
waynem
Grafter

Always replied pretty promtly  when i have lodged a ticket !
kdoug007
Grafter

please  be  kind  to me  (  haaaaa)    but  what is a  ticket???? Crazy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@pendragoncs

We're aware that the business support team do have a slight backlog of work at the moment but nothing like 5 days, so your ticket seemed to have slipped through the net so apologies for that. Incidentally I am aware that they're working very hard to bring any backlog down at present.
I can see that you have since replied so someone is looking at responding to you again now.
@kdoug007 a ticket is our name for an online support query that's been raised through our website or raised internally on our systems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Agam,
Besides the tardiness we are seeing in CS Staff responding to "Questions", there is also a recurrence of the old problem of the ticket being lobbed into a dofferent pool without a handshake to ensure that it has been accepted and handled.
Have a look at Question #58258241 which should be a simple Regrade order. Instead, it appears to have been lobbed across to the Regrade Team; has been rejected by some Bot and is now in limbo.
As an aside, why wasn't the regrade triggered automatically when the Exchange was upgraded to ADSL2+ almost a year ago?
Chris
Legend

there is also a recurrence of the old problem of the ticket being lobbed into a dofferent pool without a handshake to ensure that it has been accepted and handled.

This isn't a problem, it's how the queues in each pool are handled. Having people just to accept tickets into pools isn't really feasible. The ticket has been passed to the correct team to pick up and they'll reply advising of timescales when they respond to your ticket.
Instead, it appears to have been lobbed across to the Regrade Team; has been rejected by some Bot and is now in limbo.

I'm not sure why you're saying this is in limbo? The comment on the ticket says where it's gone to and that it'll get picked up by our regrades team.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

As an aside, why wasn't the regrade triggered automatically when the Exchange was upgraded to ADSL2+ almost a year ago?

Upgrades aren't triggered automatically from this circumstance, we are working through the small number of customers not on ADSL2+ and are placing a substantial amount of orders each month to move everyone over.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Chris

I'm not sure why you're saying this is in limbo? The comment on the ticket says where it's gone to and that it'll get picked up by our regrades team.

I believed it to be in limbo because of the following cryptic note appended to the reply:

INTERNAL
unable to place modify order

The selected record has been modified by another user since it was retrieved. Please
continue.(SBL-DAT-00523)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah, I can understand why you might think that's put it in limbo - basically that's an error on the supplier systems which is why it's gone back to the regrades team. I can assure you the ticket isn't in limbo and the order has now been placed, it's due to complete tomorrow.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Thanks Chris and Matt for the explanation and for kicking the order into touch.
My (perhaps mistaken) concern was that having passed the Ticket to the regrades Pool, the CS agent was not monitoring its progress and therefore the failure of the order placed on BT would not be picked up. That is what happened with my daughter's regrade about six months earlier. It was a couple of weeks before I realised what had happened and raised it here. It then happened within 48 hours.
Thanks again for dealing with my query. My referral will be a happy bunny tomorrow.  Smiley