Did you mean: 

Should I join Plusnet

FIXED
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Should I join Plusnet

It doesn't look like there' much I can add here further to the comments from the community. However if you do have any further questions please do let us know and we'll do our best to answer them Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Ricky45
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Just to update, no replies required.

Vodafone have confirmed they have no back haul, everything is done through openreach, they themselves can´t over subscribe the line, therefore the problem logically must be at my local exchange or cabinet.

They also said they have no control over when or if openreach will fix this issue, therefore it would just carry over to my next provider. So it looks like it's back to 4G and tethering and for now no reliable fibre broadband is available, thanks again for all your help.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That may be rubbish as Vodafone inherited the old C&W LLU network so it depends on your exchange

Try an exchange search from here https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

Even if you are on fibre the exchange backhaul isn't BT if it is LLU

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Ricky45 wrote:

They also said they have no control over when or if openreach will fix this issue, therefore it would just carry over to my next provider.

I think that there are a few twists in the detail here.  BT provide a number of different back-haul 'pipes' - some shared and some dedicated.  I believe that each ISP 'buys' a level of 'capacity' at each exchange, so it could be that your supplier has fully utilised their capacity and / or all of the shared capacity is fully utilised.

However Plusnet use a dedicated network, therefore you might find that the experience with Plusnet on your exchange might be different to what you are experiencing now.  That would need insight from the likes of @Gandalf please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ricky45
Grafter

Thanks for replies, I can only repeat what all the Vodafones representatives keep telling me, they insist they use openreach and have no control over any exchange or line issues,  no worries, I can leave them.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

OK, let me be very transparent here...

No ISP has direct control over anything with BTOR but it is their responsibility to manage the problems.

Depending upon where the actual issue is - your replies reference "exchange or line issues" the scope of these are very different.

No matter which ISP you use, the connection from your home to the exchange (the line) will be the same, so if there is an issue with the line it will more than likely follow you, but a different ISP might have more ability to get the issue rectified.

Within the exchange, changing ISPs could result in your line being connected to different equipment and / or using different back-haul circuits.  If that is where the problem is, then the experience could be different with a different ISP, even it they also use BT's WBC services.

Note that within the exchange LLU providers use entirely different equipment.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

This should explain the differences between WBMC Dedicated new network and the WBMC Shared old network.

From the info given by the OP, it sounds like a LLUMS case may be raised which is basically a logged incident with Openreach. They'd generally still provide an estimated completion date though.

Having said that, that's just speculation and may not be the reason here.

I think we'd need a bit more detail as to what the problem is before really advising further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ricky45
Grafter

Hi, sorry I didn't mean to restart anything, I just can't get anything further out of vodafone about where the over subscribed part is, they just don't know or won't tell me anything. I'm probably going to join plusnet, or I could wait, but I'm leaving Vodafone that is for sure.

Thanks for replying.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

No need for an apology - you seem to be having a hard time where you are - just wanted to ensure that you felt as fully informed as possible before you make a decision to move.  Especially the areas which will and will not change for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.