cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service!!!

colinbird27

Shocking service!!!

After holding on the phone for 33 minutes, an uncaring and robotic adviser passed me on to another department, saying that there would be a 5 minute wait. Was put on hold again and the automated voice said there was a 60 minute wait. I am now 1 hour into this total wait time which a record for me after 40 years as an adult.

I just want to speak to these people to cancel my contract and refund me my deposit, as I signed up in August to switch from Sky, had the initial switchover email and have heard nothing since.

I am guessing that these people are cheap like TalkTalk as they are appalling, which I am find out now.
Just want out as I don't wish to be involved with a substandard company.

Kind of makes me realise how good Sky are, so I may just remain with them.

7 REPLIES 7
colinbird27

Re: Shocking service!!!

By the lack of service, email address and Chat, I expect that when I do get an answer, the I will get some grief. This is how these companies behave.
Expect better from a company in the BT family.
They are making Sky look very good right now.

colinbird27

Finally got thru and actually spoke to someone who was very pleasant.
Have cancelled and will be refunded in 20 days.
Can't afford to stay with them as if I have any problems at all, it'll be another 1.5 hours on wait, which is just not acceptable, especially for a Telecom company who should be more technical as in methods of supporting customers rather than just phone.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from General Chat to Plusnet Feedback.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Don't give up hope! I understand that PlusNet are hiring more Customer Service staff.

(At least they told us this about 5 years ago, so they should almost have managed to get 1 or 2 by now).

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

The question is has the number of staff increased in line with the increased number of customers, if not then with even more staff there are really less staff doing more work to address customers needs.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

How many CS staff could they have got for the £880,000 fine?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@gleneagles wrote:

The question is has the number of staff increased in line with the increased number of customers, if not then with even more staff there are really less staff doing more work to address customers needs.

The other thing of course is staff churn. If you think about it people tend to ring when they have a problem. After an hour or so waiting they not only have a problem but I suspect many are quite angry about the wait and vent their frustration on the Plusnet agent when the call is eventually answered. I would not work in that sort of environment every day if I could get another job!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'