cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shame

Murky

Shame

I've been with Plusnet since the dial-up days and through the years experienced the odd hiccup, but nothing too major.  I even went so far as going with Plusnet business for a company I workd for and then recommended them to our customers who needed to upgrade to broadband.
I have just moved into a new house and decided to go with Plusnet again.  Service activated on the 10th of August, BT line fails completely on the 19th August.  Engineer has voice line activated again the next day but says there is a fault with the broadband equipment in the exchange.  Many phone calls and 48-72 hour waits later, another engineer calls from the exchange, August 27th, saying that there isn't actually a fault with the broadband equipment, a storm fuse had tripped and hould now be working.  DSL light back, no internet.  He says that I need to get in touch with my broadband supplier.  Plusnet ticket 34904527 opened on 27th August.  Since then I dread to think what my phone bill is going to be after the number of calls I have made chasing this problem, to be told that it is being passed from department to department to supplier, etc. etc.  Finally should have a call on Sunday 5th September.  Nothing.  Phoned again Monday 6th September, appologies that no-one called Sunday, some will call by the end of the day.  Nothing.  Phoned today, no answer to anything, asked to speak to manager.  Was told a manager wasn't available, but either Amy or Tracy Marshall, managers?, would phone me back with 2 hours.  2 and a half hours later, nothing.
Out of 28 days of signing up to Plusnet, I've had 9 days service.  And then the sales department phone me today to remind me that I have a payment to pay on the 10th, this is on the 3 months free account, told her that we hadn't had access for nearly 3 weeks and she asked if we had a router >_<
7 REPLIES 7
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Shame

I'm sorry that it's taken so long for us to get this one sorted out, we weren't able to open the fault at first because you had a telephone fault open. Once we could investigate the broadband issue the equipment in the exchange was identified to be faulty and we've got an order placed to move you to new equipment as soon as possible. As per your conversation with my colleague earlier this afternoon, this should complete by tomorrow.
I have passed your request to speak to a manager on to the current Support Manager, they will be in touch as soon as possible.
sbsdegb1
Grafter

and I am Bishop Desmond TuTu
dick:quote
sbsdegb1
Grafter

Naughty me  Angry
Murky

Oh, and the woman from payments also told me that we will be charged £11 on the 10th of September.  Told her we had gone for the 3 moths free offer and her reply was that Plusnet have changed that now  Shocked  11 quid I wasn't expecting to pay at this time of the month and which isn't in my account, for which I'm gonna get charged £30 for going over.  Nice.
julesandsand
Grafter

Try to cancel your service - that's when the fun REALLY starts!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

welcome to the forums
go to your bank and use the Direct Debit Guarantee and get it stopped, but tell PN you have done it, you then have three months to set it up again

You also can make PN pay any bank charges
Normally if you stop PN DD correctly and legally, they have been known to shut off your broadband connection, most user here say thaty cant do that but they do
Murky

Thank you pierre_pierre, good advice Smiley
Back online today.  Bringing it up in a public forum, the time BT and PN take it to get it together, asking to speak to a manager (no response yet), who knows.  Lost money on paid for online services, glad to be back online after 3 months off, but then that should have been 2 months.  BT defo a no-no, next months bill is goingt o be interesting.