cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

mcd77

Service

I have been with plusnet for nearly 3 years and never had any problems until I decided to move my telephone line over and upgrade. Since I have done that I cannot use the internet! What I am I paying each month for??? (I'm using a friends at the moment) I am finding the service from Plusnet an absolute disgrace.
Donna Embarrassed
8 REPLIES 8
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Service

Hi Donna Smiley
You do not tell us what you've done so far about it. That might give some other folks here.a chance to help
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Donna,
You're currently showing as having a connection for the past 17 hours, is the fault on the account that you created this forum login from?
mcd77

Hi
I have done every test going and after waiting nearly 4 hours I finally managed to run a speed test the result being 139kbps for downloads! The issue has been escalated again, but I am getting really frustrated because the service has been awful the last 3/4 weeks and when you call for an update its a 40 minute wait. So an answer to the last question, yes I do have a connection, its the speed thats the issue.
Next month I start my open uni course and if I cant open the website I cant do the course. I will be cancelling the contract and go somewhere else. I wont be paying the cancellation fee either, because I will be off to trading standards because I am not getting the service I'm paying for.

An angry Donna who's using her mothers service!  Angry
mcd77

Just checked my usage and from my billing dates, January 30th to February 27th since the problems started:
Week 1 - Total 758.13 MB
Week 2 - Total 441.53 MB
Week 3 - Total 270.42 MB
Week 4 - expecting that to be even lower!
A load of rubbish!  Cry
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: Matt
You're currently showing as having a connection for the past 17 hours, is the fault on the account that you created this forum login from?

Hi Donna,
You have probably either had a low sync event, that has reduced your profile, or a persistent low sync....  It would be helpful for you to post your line stats, and also let us know if these are from your Master socket Test socket, or where you usually use it.
If internet throughput was OK before, it does seem to point to a line fault, and unfortunately you will have to jump through some hoops Crazy
See here on how to get router stats  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
Master socket image attached.
Also try james informative post on Speed issues  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,59027.0.html
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Looks from your connection logs that this is likely down to a dropping connection fault, though it hasn't affected your line profile yet - that's at 14000 on BTs side of things and 15000 on ours. I'd definitely recommend plugging the router into the test socket (behind the master socket front plate) to see if the service still drops from there, in the mean time I can see you've a ticket raised so I'll give it a nudge along and get someone to take a look for you. There'll be an update on there shortly.
mcd77

Hi
An engineer was out on Monday and it was a problem with the equipment. He went off to the exchange, came back problem solved and been refunded for the last month!
Very happy now all sorted back to the usual service I had with plusnet!
Thanks Donna  Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot for the update Donna, I'm glad you got this sorted, give me a nudge if you have any further problems with that.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team