cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service gone from GOOD to TOTALLY ABISMAL AND USELESS

Barnsleymrc

Service gone from GOOD to TOTALLY ABISMAL AND USELESS

A brief outline of  last couple of weeks events.
I was already a customer of +net (a so called Valued customer) and have been for 12 years (F9 then +net).
16/09/2010      Placed an order for phone (anytime) and bb extra 12month contract free router.Paid £4.99 for router P&P. CSA(1) was good and dealt with order well.  9/10
20/09/2010      From CSC "I have placed an order to start the stopped line. Once this completes we will then place your order for broadband.".  4 days to place the order with BT.  5/10 for length of time to place order.
23/09/2010      Line couldn't be activated. phoned CSC to find out what problem was. Was told that line could not be activated because another account was associated with the line. I will not give details of conversation but will say that  a serious breach of DPA took place. Was told that easiest option was to have a second line installed at £50.00. Original order was cancelled by the CSA.   -20/10 for this CSA(2).
24/09/2010       Phone +net spoke to CSA(3). Said that I should not be deprived of service on the line because of previous customer. was told that they would phone me back.   9/10 for CSA(3)
24/09/2010       Received call back from CSA(2). Order was re-instated for phone and BB.     6/10 for CSA(2) on this occassion.
27/09/2010  09:18       Automatic script says problem with line.
27/09/2010  13:00       Internal: Phone order has completed and all the details have already been updated.
27/09/2010       Phone line not working. Called and raised fault.   9/10 for CSA(4).
28/09/2010       Found this on a ticket.   PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 1 (Monthly Contract) with included 2GB bandwidth.  My order was for BB extra with 60GB 12 months contract with free router and deffered payment.

28/09/2010       Was sent email stating "
We\'ll soon be taking a payment of £40.00, for your Plusnet service. This will leave your account on or after 01/10/2010.".  Charges should not have been applied to my account.
28/09/2010  13:32        Received email from +net saying   "Your broadband service has been activated and is ready to use.".  I thought that BB could only be enabled on a "Working" phone line...
29/09/2010      discovered that router had not been ordered and dispatched CSA(5) placed order and said it would be dispatched 30/09/2010.    9/10 for CSA(5)
30/09/2010      Called to enquire as to status of phone fault. Was told that engineer had completed work in exchange and would shortly be calling at my home.    8/10 for this CSA.
30/09/2010  11:50      Engineer called at my home. Pushed card through saying that he had called but no one was in....   LIAR.....  My daughter was at home sat watching TV her head no more than 3 feet from the front door. If he had knocked she would have heard him.
30/09/2010  PM       Earliest next appointment is for Monday 04/10/2010 08:00 to 13:00.
I am now stuck with BB active on a telephone line that has yet to be enabled AND paying for the privelage..        Being incorectly charged £40:00 which I have not got and will take a couple of weeks to go back into my bank account (I am only on benefits).       God knows how much in phone calls from my mobile (3 to 4 hours worth).
Kept getting fobbed off by many CSA's who I have not mentioned.     55+ tickets with 70+ postings.    So totally frustrated and P&%%£* off that I could cry. This is the type of service I would expect from Orange, TalkTalk and the like.
Pity that I cannot use CSA's names for the people at +net who have been helpfull during this last couple of weeks. They do deserve the praise and recognition that I can't give on here.

11 REPLIES 11
Fletch
Grafter

Re: Service gone from GOOD to TOTALLY ABISMAL AND USELESS

I'm really sorry to read about your experience Barnsleymrc.  Let me have a look at your account with one of the team in the morning, and we will get everything resolved.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Barnsleymrc,
As your question has many different issues we are going through each part and investigating thoroughly to find out exactly what happened. We will post back here when we have completed this. You have stated that there was a DPA failure, could you please private message me with more details about that.
Thank you.
Jojo
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Barnsleymrc,
Thank you for taking the time to discuss your above issues this morning and I am glad to have been able to answer the majority of the points. I have made a note for our faults team to check that the broadband is working once the phone fault is fixed.. I can only apologise for some of the issues but as you agreed this was quite complicated and not the norm.
Thank you once again, we will update you once we know more about your broadband to make sure you are connected as soon as possible.
Jojo Smiley
Barnsleymrc

Now in the situation where phone working but broadband is active on another line in another part of Barnsley. and having to wait 2 to 3 days for it to be sorted.
And all because of a cock up by a CSA on 23 September
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Font brought back down to a readable size.]
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Barnsleymrc,
I'm sorry to hear about you having further difficulties with this, I'm going to look into this today for you.
Please bear with me and I'll come back to you as soon as I can.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Barnsleymrc,
We've raised a broadband fault for you which we will progress as quickly as we are able to.
I will be monitoring this post today and your fault so I will come back to you again as soon as we have any updates.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Barnsleymrc,
As per my call this morning, I'm glad to hear that the line is still working in terms of being able to make and receive calls. I'm sorry to hear thought that your broadband service is still down.
An engineer is at the exchange now working to resolve this (as you know due to them calling whilst I was on the phone to you!) I have reported back to them to say that the broadband fault is unresolved.
I'll keep you posted throughout the day until we've got this sorted.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for not being able to come back to you today, other duties called.
BT report all should be well. Let me know if you are still having problems. I'll be able to put more attention on this tomorrow.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glynn,
As per our chat this earlier the fault should now be resolved.
Please reboot your router as soon as you are able to and let me know if you are able to get back online. Tests do show that the line is back in sync so there shouldn't be a problem.
Cheers for your patience and don't forget to keep an eye out for Samson!
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Barnsleymrc

All working fine now Adam. Been connected now for just over 4 hours and getting 6.5 to 7.3meg down and 377 k up at the moment.
look forward to the balancing period ending in about 10 days  :).
Samson is great. I think that +net should ditch the cross logo and have Samson as the logo AND mascot permanently. 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers Glynn,
I'll try and get a photo of one of our t-shirts for you, they've got the blue and purple version of the Samson logo that's on the front page of the Plusnet site.
Let me know if you encounter any more problems.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team