cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service from Plusnet

BryanP
Grafter

Service from Plusnet

As a fairly new user to Plusnet  I am astonished by the complaints from new users about service issues and line speeds
I have had problems when I first signed up and raised a ticket but now I can sit back and read the comments made on this forum
Most people complain about line speeds but there is always someone from Plusnet that responds and take it upon themselves to rectify the problems
Another point is what the forecast is for new connections, mine was 4meg but I have been averaging 3 meg.
Another main complaint is the changeover to faster ADSL, I welcome the change because my area is due to change over and they are obviously getting on with it because my average speed is now averaging 4.2 meg. The PC i am using is for boring business use so 4meg is great to me.
I do have Virgin also with a speed of 20meg but this PC is to far from the modem for me to use wireless hence why I looked for a cheap solution and chose Plusnet.
Please think before critisising Plusnet because I would recomend anyone to use them as I have personaly found them to be very professional and quick to respond to problems
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Service from Plusnet

I am astonished by the complaints from new users about service issues and line speeds

That's more due to the fact that in a way that's what this forum is here for. Human nature does tend to dictate that given an open forum people are more likely to highlight problems that need resolving than provide positive feedback. There are good mods on this forum, helpful customers and staff always willing to lend a hand if any issues are brought to light though (as I'm sure you can see)
Another point is what the forecast is for new connections, mine was 4meg but I have been averaging 3 meg.

I've run a line test and can see that you are connected at just above 4mb (4255kbps) so I've changed the speed profile on your account to match this. Your line was indeed on a 3mb profile before so please shout up if that does happen again as there may then be an issue which we can look at for you. Your line is quite stable at the moment so I wouldn't be concerned about that just now.
Another main complaint is the changeover to faster ADSL

You do seem to be on an up to 20mb connection at your exchange at present, line conditions will be dictating the 4mb estimate though. Fibre broadband is available at your exchange but only to some areas connected to it so you may want to check your availability for that on our site.
Please think before critisising Plusnet because I would recomend anyone to use them as I have personaly found them to be very professional and quick to respond to problems

Thanks very much indeed, let me know if you need any further assistance.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BryanP
Grafter

Have I have said the response from plusnet is good
Maybe we should move this thread from feedback to Broadband and Routers and let more people see it to show how good Plusnet is
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I personally think that the (excellent in my opinion) PlusNet staff thrive on a certain level of criticism, they often take complaints as an opportunity to improve things and I have seen so many posts that start as complaints ending up with the complaining party posting thanks for the service.
Praise where due, of course, is always welcome.
No company is perfect and many customers forget that PlusNet reperesent (for most) a value for money solution but I'm pleased that in my years as a customer I have found customer service above expectations - especially via the forums.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

As Adam says the Happy people hardly ever post here  Wink
but most are unsung heroes , sorting a lot of problems personally , Cheers lads and lasses  Kiss
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
polygor38
Grafter

Plusnet remind me of another company I have dealings with, Ovo Energy.  They both strive to put the customer first IMHO.
Well done!
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Plusnet.......Best thing since sliced bread !
Always found them quick to respond to queries !
We are born into history and history is born into us.
x47c
Grafter

You also need to remember that Plusnet's subscriber base in now in excess of 500,000 total users.
Of these, the forum stats show that only 18000 of them have ever registered on the forum and of those only a hundred or so are active/reading/posting on anyone day on the forums.
This needs to be borne in mind when you read some poster moaning about why don't plusnet provide service X and claiming that "everybody wants it".
In some cases it's probably the poster and a few others only that want it - the rest don't care.
To give an example of how a vocal minority can give the impression of an overwhelming majority I recently did a survey of local interest for fibre, putting up a web site explaining it, writing an breif note in the well estabished village newsletter, encouraging people to register their interest with BTOpenreach for bringing fibre to the area.  Despite reading on every internet forum how it is essential for modern life and how we must all get fibre "now" regardless of the cost... etc... etc and that BT must pull their finger out and do everything today......., my results in a village or some 400+ houses was that by and large no one is really interested...the number of visits to the website was just a handful.......and you know what, I guessed all along this would be the case.

Teds31
Grafter

I've just had problems and it has lasted for a week or two but PN staff through the forums have sorted it ,I have had 3 routers all freee and finally got the right one. The staff are great and its up to us as customers to be polite and patient ,if you start being rude how can you expect to get good service. Would we be happy if people treated us the way some people do on these forums. Ted
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: rongtw
Happy people hardly ever post here

I'm happy and I post quite a bit Undecided Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Been here a while and have only had one problem, James H sorted it out, just before he left to try somewhere else, got fed up and came back,  - Lets hope Mand does the same
richards99
Grafter

People are more likely to leave negative feedback - i know this as a senior manager out there who has to deal with complaints. After many years I can say I am a very happy customer currently on the 80/20 trial - just sort out the limited downloads please - it just adds to the stereotype that Yorkshire folk are tight  Wink