cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Status Updates

Shetland
Dabbler

Service Status Updates

Please can a member of staff tell me why the Worksop outage yesterday was not reported on the Service Status page? Broadband was down nearly all day; if it had been on the page it would have saved a great deal of time and trouble.  Even the customer services staff did not seem to know about it since it was not mentioned on the support ticket.

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Service Status Updates

Hello @Shetland

Apologies to hear that you suffered a service outage.

At the moment, reporting outages via the service status link is a manual process so we'd generally post supplier maintenance and MBORC updates (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control).

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Wouldn't staff time have better employed updating the status page than answering phone calls from many customers trying to find out what is going on? This would benefit not only customers in the affected area but also others queuing to speak to agents.

I myself have wasted lots of time in the past trying to diagnose a problem having first checked the service status page only after the event finding out that there had been a known issue.

Preacherlady
Grafter

Well, since I was the one without any internet yesterday and unable to find out why as due to having hearing impairment had to ask a friend to phone for me to find out about this outage in Worksop, it would have been good for friend to have been able to just look on web without her spending time on the phone for me!

I am also annoyed because when tried to ask for information on phone I gave my mobile number and asked for information to be texted - which it was two hours later! and then when was connected back to internet to get email suggesting as could not hear on phone to use "live chat"  - how when not connected?!!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

For some reason PN dont like admitting they have problems Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What problems?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies that there was no service status regarding the Worksop outage. I feel myself and my team dropped the ball on that one as we certainly could have done more in that situation Sad

@rongtw wrote:

For some reason PN dont like admitting they have problems Lips_are_sealed

While I understand why you think that, the cause of this wasn't only affecting Plusnet customers and was highly out of our control.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@HarryB  whilst i agree with your reply , this was not the first time Service updates were missing Sad  and i have no doubt it wont be the last .

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .