cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously unimpressed so far

ianxh

Seriously unimpressed so far

I've just moved house and was informed I'd need an Engineer visit at the new house to sort the connection. As with anything else that involves BT this filled me with fear and unsurprisingly the engineer didn't turn up. When I rang this morning the guy I spoke to just couldn't get his head round why a) I was a touch peeved that I'd wasted an entire afternoon waiting for the engineer and b) what I was on about as the system said the order was complete.
In one breath he said the engineer visit was necessary to change the face plate on the master socket and then in the next said it should just work! The connection doesn't work, there is a resounding lack of a DSL light.
I've raised a complaint this morning but it's still waiting for a response. Can someone try and salvage this mini-debacle?
Am I better off just talking to the normal tech support team and ignore the house moving team now? They seem flummoxed by the process that they're meant to be running.
The ticket raised for the complaint is 114632928
3 REPLIES 3
janlongworth1

Re: Seriously unimpressed so far

You need a new telephone socket incorporating a BT open reach socket. The top socket is for the modem and the bottom one for your telephone.
This will need an Engineer to install the new double socket. In my case the original router from TALKTALK incorporated the modem. With PlusNet you require a BT open reach modem PLUS a PlusNet Router, two separate items, both requiring a 13A socket.
In my case the Engineer never showed up and it took 3 telephone calls to get my modem and router posted to me. PlusNets customer service is appalling. When you phone them you have to hang on, in my case for up to 45 minutes before getting connected.Most unsatisfactory.
I hope you get your problem sorted soon.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I wonder if they even provisioned it as fibre given that the router shows broadband but the modem shows you haven't
MelRocks
Grafter

Hey ianxh,
Checking your account it looks like the issue has been fixed as you have been online for multiple days now without issue. I hope this is the case, but if you are still having issues please let us know. Thanks.