cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious frustration

steveedinburgh

Serious frustration

Reported a loss of connection in september - plusnet investigated couldnt find a problem- broadband came back aftera few days. No further action taken. October same problem reoccurs - lots of investigation - still plusnet couldnt find problem. We are almost on the verge of engineers coming out when broadband is restored. Again plusnet have no idea why it went or why it returned.
My question - are plusnet happy just to not investigate further when they know that my broadband has dropped for significant lengths of time on 2 separate occasions. Whenbroadband came back last friday (22/10) the operator (assuming that my router settings were incorrect and we corrected them - despite the fact that i told him that i hadnt changed the settings and they had worked fine in between times) again said he had no idea why it wasnt working and now was  but that as it was working fine now i should just monitor the situation. I even said to him if you dont know what the problem is and you havent fixed it then it is going to go again....
and guess what tonight it has gone AGAIN Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
and now i am without broadband for a 3rd time and i have reported it and now will wait again (seems to be averaging 3 days beofre anyone looks at the call) and have the very real problem of trying to find a time when i can be in if engineers call  - as my work is really busy and it seems that i could wait weeks (i was told) for a saturday slot to be available .
Again my question - is it normal plus net procedure if a problem seems to go away to cross your fingers and hope for the best. Surely if a similar fault is reported a 2nd time and the same thing happens (ie it comes back but you dont know why it went) you should continue the investiagtion.
Of course now it's a 3rd time and i am convinced it is some process you are doing at your end.....
The title serious frustration is a MAJOR understatement
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Serious frustration

might be this http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1288378787.htm
Service Status RSS Feeds
NEW 20CN Connectivity Issues (64221)
Internet Connectivity
Posted on: Friday 29 October 2010, 19:59
We have been made aware that a number of customers are not able to connect to the internet on the 20CN network. This seems to be effecting the North of England and Scotland.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
--
Regards, Kevin Scott
val
Grafter

Also in Edinburgh, and it while I imagine everyone is doing their utmost to find the problem and fix it, it would be nice if someone could spare a minute to give an update on this. We've been without a connection for over two and a half hours now.
Regards,
Val
jim:quote
slizero

2 hours of no connection time and you complain already Shocked what should I do then, if it's my 9th day without connection, PN did run 2 tests it's 'excessive' logs have been posted on my ticket and that's all they could came up with, 2 hours of tests for 9 days of investigating the fault, 'great job team' is what I'm supposed to say probably, I was supposed to be contacted today at 10am, still didn't hear from them, I'll just wait till tomorrow, if noone will take their time to contact me I'll do it for them, simply call ask for my MAC and say my farewells, I hope you won't have to wait as long as I did without any real outcome
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Again my question - is it normal plus net procedure if a problem seems to go away to cross your fingers and hope for the best

Definitely not, we certainly don't want to assume that that a fault like this is resolved judged on the basis of us observing a few hours of connection stability, however once we see that a connection has stayed up for around the 24 hour mark we will advise holding back from further repair work investigation whilst we monitor to see if things remain stable.
Unfortunately we are not always party to very details information as to what the precise cause of a fault was or why it happened, however we can fully appreciate that you will want to know and like some customers, that you may also be keen to know what work has gone towards resolving the issue.
From here I will do my utmost to make sure your fault is given more attention, I am very experienced at dealing with and resolving issues like this so I will give my own input where ever I can.
slizero,
I've not noticed you post anywhere else about your issues so please feel free to drop me a PM with details of the issue and I'll try and get your issue more attention too.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just a quick follow up to say that I've checked your account and can see that you seem to be disconnected at the moment and tests indicate that your router maybe powered off at the moment. Apart from this and the wide spread issues experienced over the weekend: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11656851 the connection would seem to be OK now. However we will err on the side of caution and I'll personally keep an eye on how things go today for you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team