cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems things don't change eh?

Devonian
Grafter

Seems things don't change eh?

When I signed up to PN months back, I had a nightmare of a time being migrated.
Everything from being wrongly charged for a connection, to being disconnected plus lots more.
Anyway, I was eventually connected and my service has been great ever since, so much so that I recommended PN to a friend, I passed all of his details to PN, they took the order, great.
Guess what, my friend had a call from PN today saying he needs to pay a £60 connection fee because he needs a new line, due to the line in his new house being locked to TalkTalk.
That is wrong because upon dialing 17070, it states the line is connected to BT!!!!
Atleast it did, but because the old tenant has vacated, the line has now been switched off... there is a dial tone, but it wont accept any in/out calls.

Well done PN, its nice to see you don't learn from your mistakes at all, and you have lost yourself a new customer!
Undecided Undecided Undecided
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Seems things don't change eh?

Hi Devonian,
If it's not too late please PM his username or a ticket ID and I'll ask someone in the provisioning team to investigate for him - if there's a number there when you call 17070 then we can definitely reactivate it though given there's a dial tone we should be able to work something out. I'm sorry it happened like that though.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Devonian
Sorry to hear about this issue, I got your PM yesterday so I don't mind having a look into this.
IMO It sounds to me like the previous tennant may have had Talk Talk as their phone provider and that service has now been stopped. I'll aim to get some clarification for your friend and will do what I can to get this sorted ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
itsme
Grafter

@Devonian is your phone service with PN? If it is does it say you are on BT when 17070is dialled?
Think it could be one of these grey areas where the phone service is not supplied by BT but by a third party but on BT equipment. 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've looked into this matter and can confirm that the line in question was ceased prior to your friend signing up with us. This means that an engineer would need to visit the exchange to reconnect the line, for which a £49.99 fee is applicable.
Hope that clarifies things,
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

thanks for the reply guys.
Could Craig have the connection fee offset at all if he signed upto a 12month contract?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I doubt it I'm afraid, though if he hasn't signed up already it's always worth having a chat with our sales team.