Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Checks

idlewis
Grafter

Security Checks

Hi there
I phoned somone from Plus Net and I had go for a series of Security Checks which is difficult for me as I have anxiety and am no very paitent also I don't know if people who first language is not english may find it difficult as well people who stammer or do not speak very well.  Is there a solution to make it easier so that would be more confident to phone plus net e.g. only need to say username and password would be sufficient.

Idem
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Security Checks

There are a number of different ways we can check your identity when you call, the most common one we use is to ask your username and some characters from the password. If you'd like to PM me details of what security checks were done I can see if they were valid or not?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
idlewis
Grafter

They asked me my Postcode and my addresss and I think the phone number was asked as well.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Certainly seems like more information than we used to ask for, sorry about that. I'll speak to the person who asked for these details and let them know the correct way to do this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.