Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searchable tickets

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Searchable tickets

Just had to reference an old ticket in a current one but had to view each and every ticket to find the one involved.  Due to internal billing notices etc showing as normal tickets it made it harder than needed to be to find it.
So possible to add a text search customer side for tickets?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Searchable tickets

Hi Gus,
I'll post it up for internal awareness and discussion as that's a great idea, thanks - it'll not happen instantly though I'm afraid.
matt_2k34
Grafter

I would imagine that would take *LOTS* of dev time up, and it would be a right PITA, as it would have to 'read' the text in all the 'closed' (Minus'd) tickets.
What WOULD be easier, is at the top of your "list" of ticket / responses etc. is have a series of tickboxes!

• Invoices

• Questions

• Failed Billing[l/li]

You get the idea, then all the old "tickets" (which i guess are stored in a db somewhere?) add a column and give it an identifier, then show only those which are ticked.
Would help ignore the 'info' tickets, and allow you to dig through the old ones much easier, and should be easier to implement.
Regards
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

The ease of finding closed tickets/questions would be greatly facilitated merely by going back to the way things were relatively recently (12 months or so?) i.e. -
One could 'open up' and view all one's ticket/questions and scroll through them. That's not possible now, which is a right pain unless one knows pretty well the exact date.
Now that must surely be easy to implement.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Agree 100% - that was a real retrograde step
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Opening all the old queries requires a database query for each one which places a high load on the server. Using a selector to pick a single 'ticket classification' for text display might make it viable.
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Except that normally only those within a specific date range are needed and it should be very easy to put a limit on the maximum period which could be requested
matt_2k34
Grafter

I dont know Jim, id expect the server load to be very high - dont forget how many users would be using the service!
That was my intention spraxyt - hopefully PN will inform us on some sort of resolution Smiley
Regards