cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satisfied and Staying - Well Done PN!

danram

Satisfied and Staying - Well Done PN!

In the name of balance I thought I should probably just post my thoughts after my initial month with PN. Cutover from Sky ADSL to PN Fibre went painlessly on the allocated day.  Prior to cutover I had been experiencing intermittent bouts of disconnects with Sky - unpredictable but sometimes 10 or more in a day... sometimes none.  This was something Sky/Openreach had notably failed to ever get to the bottom of over about 9 months. I'm pleased to report that the problem has finally been resolved within my first month with PN. Granted, this turned out to be a local network issue and ultimately if a more thorough OR engineer had attended on previous occasions the fault may have been resolved much sooner  but compared with the flaming hoops I was always expected to jump through with Sky and BT before them, the whole process of reporting the problem (online), having the line tested and subsequently an Openreach engineer assigned was very painless with PN. Only slight negative comment I would have on the online problem process is the 72 hours lead time for a response  to a new issues raised using the BB Troubleshooter.
Anyways, overall a pretty positive start and now got a stable connection running at near maximum speed.
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Satisfied and Staying - Well Done PN!

Thanks very much for the honest feedback and I'm glad to see you've had a good experience with us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
regretplusnet
Dabbler

Further to the interest of balance, should not PN classify the feedback as being positive, rather than honest.  What checks has PN undertaken to verify the honesty of the feedback?
The logical conclusion is that, if PN automatically regards positive feedback as being honest, it automatically regards negative feedback as being dishonest.
The PN reply speaks volumes.  Priceless!
mav:quote
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I believe Adam chose the Honest over Positive as not all of the feedback OP has said is strictly positive.
It may have been better to go with Constructive however at no point have we said that negative feedback is automatically dishonest.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

So, regret18months, you take one post from a staff member to build up your sour view of PN?  Have you ever thought that the staff member may have just worded his reply badly, or even wanted to think that? TBH I have my doubts. Roll_eyes
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry you feel that way regret18months
I'm a straight-talking person and my use of the word honest didn't imply that anyone was being dishonest.
Do let me know if there's anything we can help with.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Sorry you feel that way regret18months

I can see no problems with your words Adam, but then again I'm a very happy Plusnet customer.
After my recent temporary hiatus my download speeds are already improving as promised and pcl-ag05 is looking very clean & healthy. Smiley
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quote from: tijara33
my download speeds are already improving

Glad to hear the speeds are bouncing back Smiley
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
regretplusnet
Dabbler

By 21st April, despite the financial penalty, I expect to return to a situation wherein I hardly notice my ISP..
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Well anyone who would select a forum name like yours cannot be expected to accept the balancing argument. You should accept that the silent majority are getting satisfactory service and that the vociferous self selecting minority with what they perceive deal breaking problems are over represented on a forum like this.
I am luxuriating in 30Mbps on what was initially a very marginal line. This was achieved by PN staff plus volunteers on these fora in a quiet reflective way without any histrionics  Wink
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra